When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The Staff Scientist, Protein Biology will develop and enhance bead-based technologies and other platforms in support of current products and new product development.
- Explore and perform feasibility studies for antibody detection and related new products and process, as well as product or process enhancement
- Optimize and document newly developed process or protocols
- Perform data analysis and write reports as needed in support of regulatory filings and internal communication
- Develop, implement, and perform verification and validation studies as well as other studies in support of R&D objectives
- Update inventory, maintain equipment, and keep good record and documentation
- Train new employees, as well as train and transfer new methods to other employees
- Assist in project planning, monitor progress, and generate reports and other data summaries
- Partner with scientists and other company staff in R&D and other functions in the identification, development, and implementation of new products and processes
- Ph.D. in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Immunology or related discipline AND 2 years of postdoctoral experience preferably in the discovery and development of diagnostics or therapeutics; OR master’s degree in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Immunology or related discipline AND 7 years of commensurate experience
- Extensive experience in biochemistry and cell biology
- Strong problem-solving skills, as well as ability to make contributions to setting strategic direction, identifying roadblocks, and providing detail on alternative approaches to overcoming issues and problems
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to summarize and transform data into action plans
- Strong communication skills to effectively communicate orally and in writing with both supervisors and co-workers
- Ability to lead projects and coordinate with multiple functional areas
- Flexibility and adaptability in working in a highly dynamic and interdependent environment
- Highly motivated and dedicated individual
- Hands-on experience in micro-bead technologies, assay development, purification of antibodies and related proteins highly desirable
- Familiarity with compliance and regulatory requirements is desirable
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join