Field Service Engineer II – Madison, WI
The Field Service Engineer (FSE) performs customer installs, repairs and preventative maintenance on a variety of instruments in assigned territory. The FSE positively interacts with customers to solve technical problems and identify areas to improve their work. The FSE also looks for opportunities increase revenues by providing more services to the customer. This job is located in the Madison, WI.
- This position may require off-shift and weekend work, depending on customer needs.
- Provides onsite installation of instruments, upgrades, updates, repairs, and planned maintenance service.
- Displays professionalism, understanding, tact, fairness, and technical knowledge in all customer interactions.
- Achieves specified revenue targets while satisfying customer from instrument repair, installs and PM’s.
- Achieves customer satisfaction (CAS) targets as specified annually.
- Interacts with customers to offer and close the sale of service contracts and other service products.
- Collaborates with internal partners to resolve customer issues and improve processes.
- Follows all reporting responsibilities of Remote Service Dispatch (RSD), Escalation, Field Problem Report (FPR) and Field Service Report (FSR) submissions.
- Is familiar with and follow policies that pertain to the handling of spare parts: ordering, usage, returns, physical count, car stock management, etc.
- Executes Qualification & Validation Products at customer sites.
- Maintains their technical competency level servicing new instrument and problems by attending trainings, staff meetings and remaining up to speed on new products, markets, customers and competitors.
- Manages travel expenses and follows Thermo Fisher Scientific travel policies and guidelines.
- May be required to perform other related duties as required and/or assigned.
Requires a bachelor’s degree in biomedical engineering, microbiology, biology, chemistry or an engineering field.
- Experience in a related science, biomedical engineering and/or customer-facing role.
- Uses effective questioning to identify customer needs
- Exercises judgment setting work priorities and identifies next steps
- Requires minimal oversight
- Participates as a positive influence to the team
- Quickly adapts to change with positive and constructive feedback
- Masters level degree
- Experience in a clinical, diagnostic and/or other regulated lab environment (CAP, CLIA, FDA).
- Aptitude for learning and understanding IT systems and processes
- Experience in related product applications and instruments.
Frequent travel to customer sites is required and ranges from 25-75% of work time. Works both in home office as well as in a laboratory environment. Is required to lift up to 40 lbs. May be required to stand for long periods of time while performing duties. Must be able to work safely with chemicals and hazardous materials. Must be able to work overtime and flexible shifts, and possibly weekends.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join