When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The Security Engineer has global responsibility for supporting Cyber Security Engineering associated with the planning, building, configuration, deployment, and run/ maintenance support of the security tools used to protect, detect, and respond to security threats across the environment.
- Evaluate, implement, and maintain security standards and practices
- Proactively advise the business on how to maintain security posture
- Drive core security engineering tasks across global project efforts
- Support response activities utilizing subject matter expertise (SME)
- Ensure tool effectiveness in terms of making sure it’s running according to vendor specification, configuration, and deployment requirements
- Identify key areas for improvement and constantly look for ways to better utilize the technology present
- Create scripts, custom code, and/or APIs to deploy configurations, create automation, and ensure communication between tools
- Support security documentation providing SME input into policy, standards, and guidelines
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Assurance, Security, Management Information Systems, Risk Management or equivalent work experience acceptable
- Strong networking background required
- Relevant technical and/or security certificates a plus
- 2-3+ years of related cybersecurity architecture, engineering, or SOC work experience
- Strong interpersonal and excellent documentation skills are a must
- Excellent customer service skills required
- Strong analytical and product management skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join