When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work that supports a powerful mission. With revenues of $17 billion and a track record of stable and consistent growth, we’re uniquely able to give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Emerging Technologies is engaged in rich Scientific application and platform engineering: Desktop, Enterprise hardened Cloud ready and Cloud applications
*Minimum Qualifications (must have)
- Excited about building world-class software solutions that improve lives.
- 4-7 years of solid hands experience with Java Script/JQuery(primary language).
- Database understanding and Java Knowledge is desired.
- Significant experience using Agile software development methodologies
- Exposure to Linux development environment is a plus
- Has experience, instincts, and enthusiasm around testing and testability
- Significant understanding of object oriented design and programming
- Exposure to developing multi-tier, scalable, and browser based applications. Cloud-based applications leveraging
AWS is highly preferred.
- Is authentic, transparent and leads by example, holding self and others accountable. Inspires, motivates and collaborates with others
- Anticipates needs and problems while creating solutions. Is willing to ask difficult questions and take risks. Greets challenge and change as opportunity
- Experience working with geographically distributed team
- A highly motivated fast learner who can self-start and figure out what needs figuring out?
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to effectively document artifacts and processes then explain them to others
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics or equivalently technical disciplines.
*Preferred Qualifications (nice to have)
- Experience in the Life Sciences domain, especially genetic analysis applications
- Experience working in an FDA regulated environment
- Experience with Amazon Web Services or other leading cloud deployment platforms and services
- Experience using Agile Scrum development processes, Jira and Confluence.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.