When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The channel program manager will have responsibility for the revenue growth goal for Thermo Fisher Scientific, Genetic Sciences Division (GSD) and Clinical Sequencing Division (CSD) products and services as applicable to assigned channels and enabled products. To achieve this goal, the individual in this role will leverage the sales and marketing strategies and tactics of the GSD/CSD business and translate those into programs that can be deployed with the channel partners and drive incremental growth. The channel program manager will also independently develop marketing and sales, strategies and tactics as needed to reach the goals (ensuring that they are aligned with the overall business objectives and programs). These strategies and tactics include (but are not limited to): marketing campaigns, new product launches, industry segment strategies, key accounts, sales initiatives and field collaboration activities. In addition to leveraging the business strategies, the person in this role will be expected to devise channel specific strategies as necessary to service the channels and meet the channel growth goals.
The channel program manager will use their commercial, marketing and relationship building experience to become a key member of the GSD/CSD channel management team. They must have the ability to work across a matrix organization – working with distributor sales, product management and marketing teams to identify and execute high impact product category and field based initiatives. They will have primary responsibility for the success of the GSD/CSD portfolios through North America Tier 1 channels with a focus on supporting Fisher Healthcare Market Division (HMD) as well as government resellers, Government Scientific Solutions (GSS) and Federal Resources (FR). The individual will be responsible for driving sales and marketing strategy and programs supporting our channel business for these portfolios and the division as a whole. Focusing on building and maintaining strong relationships with key channel partners and functional stakeholders, this individual will assure that annual revenue/growth targets are consistently achieved. They will also support a large and growing business in a highly dynamic environment.
- Manage development, implementation, and analysis of channel-based marketing programs and sales initiatives to support growth of portfolio in tier 1 channels with a focus on HMD as well as GSS and FR .
- Work with market development, product management and sales leadership to manage the GSD/CSD portfolios through assigned Tier 1 channel partners, establishing appropriate measures to drive performance and contingency plans as necessary.
- Build relationships and maintain regular communications with channel partners to ensure alignment between channel sales and marketing stakeholders and our internal marketing, product management and sales leadership teams.
- Work with channel partners to make sure all product-related information including catalog descriptions, collateral, web site information, and pricing is accurate and up-to-date.
- Plan and participate in channel sales meetings and training for product introductions, discontinuations, and ongoing support.
- Manage logistics (part numbers and price lists) and launch campaigns for roll-out
- Provide feedback from the channel partners to marketing, product management and sales leadership teams on new market developments, competitive issues and product line needs
- Be the portfolio expert and champion interacting with the channels and the channel expert and champion interacting with the GSD/CSD team.
- Understand the competition of GSD/CSD
- Participate in business reviews
- BS degree in life science
- 5+ years experience in marketing or sales,
- Experience working with or for distributors, experience working with Fisher Research Safety Division Preferred
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to draw conclusions and observations from market trends and campaign ROI analysis
- Demonstrated track record of success in the implementation of marketing programs and translation of those into successful sales initiatives.
- Ability to learn product portfolio and train channel sales and support personnel
- Ability to work across complex internal/external global functional teams
- Organizational skills, detail-oriented, and ability to prioritize are essential
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word)
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills
- Available for up to 25% domestic and international travel
- Experience in genetic analysis and research markets, preferred
- Experience working with or for distributors in a channel management, marketing or commercial role, preferred
***This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.
All of our employees share a common set of values - Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement. Our ability to grow year after year is driven by our ability to attract, develop and retain world-class people who will thrive in our environment and share in our desire to improve mankind by enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join