Job Title: Warehouse Associate 2nd Shift
Requisition ID: 56005BR
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
- Responsible for Outbound Shipping, Finished Goods Stocking, Branch Distribution Shipping, Raw Materials Receipt, Raw Materials Stocking and Pulling and Labeling and Kitting (Resale)
- Responsible for Fecal Transport Kitting and DHR Documentation
- Certifications: Powered Industrial Truck(PIT) Certification
- Will gather and scan products from storage coolers per branch or customer orders typically reaching up to but not limited to 84 inches high, grasping and gripping.
- Pack and arrange products onto pallets or into varied package sizes.
- Accurately counting for both day to day functions and cycle counts as necessary
- Work cooperatively with co-workers and efficiently with little supervision, communicating verbally or in writing any discrepancies as needed.
- Obtain, stack and place product on shelves, load/unload courier trucks or assist in warehouse as needed.
- Lift up to 63 pounds from floor to waist and lift up to 54 pounds from floor to shoulder height on a regular basis.
- Walk and stand up to six (6) hours at a time, up to 12 hours a day, with frequent squatting, stooping, kneeling, bending and twisting at waist.
- Accurately and legibly complete company and carrier documentation.
- Will be responsible for pushing or pulling products on a cart with a weight of up to 250 pounds to push and 250 pounds to pull and will push pallet jack with weight up to 1200 pounds.
- Load refrigerated trailer trucks with pallets of products to send to branch locations.
- Responsible for maintaining department and work area to 5S housekeeping standards
- Listen to and follow written and verbal instructions given in the English language and report any actual or potential safety hazards to management. Must be an active participant in continuous improvement activities
- Read, understand and utilize both RF scanners and computers
- Complete work as dictated by customer needs beyond normal shift hours, willingness to volunteer for other areas/shifts.
- Utilize fork lift/power industrial trucks safely, when/if required.
- In addition, other duties may be assigned as the need arises.
- Possess High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Possess basic knowledge of English and math and ability to read.
- Ability to navigate and understand basic computer programs
- Must work in environment with temperature down to 32 degrees Fahrenheit for up to 40 hours per week.
- Heavy lifting, walk and standing with frequent squatting, stooping, kneeling, bending and twisting at waist with occasional climbing on footstool.
- Must work in a cave environment.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join