As the world’s leader in serving science, Thermo Fisher Scientific is a driving force in the research, healthcare, industrial and applied markets, generating more than $18B in annual revenue. No other company can match our range of customer touch points – technologically, geographically or commercially. We help our customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment, making sure our food is safe and moving forward with thousands of important projects that improve millions of lives.
The Specialty Diagnostics Group (SDG) serves customers in healthcare, clinical, pharmaceutical, industrial, and food safety laboratories. SDG consists of a dedicated team of 6,900 talents determined to improve diagnostic methods in order to improve patient care and accuracy of diagnoses. The group offers a wide range of diagnostic test kits, reagents, culture media, instruments and associated products. Together, we are moving medicine forward by bringing advanced diagnostic tools that improve the quality, reliability and speed of diagnostics.
- For assigned group of products, prepares production schedule with three month horizon (current plus two), coordinating purchased and intermediate materials, outside services and equipment requirements.
- Generates and issues shop floor packets at least three days prior to start date and no later than Thursday for the following week. Minimizes the occurrence of customer service failures and manages inventory to established parameters. Some product groups may have a requirement maintaining a constant 12 month rolling forecast.
- Be able to review various reports to analyze inventory data on a monthly basis. This will be used to manage inventory, scrap, & recontrol of materials.
- Prepares production schedule with two month horizon, coordinating materials, outside services and equipment.
- Determines priorities and initiates action when changes in the forecast and/or resources dictate re-evaluation of existing schedules. Reviews plans with supervisor.
- Participates in the daily tier board meeting. Works as a member of a team to help resolve problems effecting products that are scheduled to be produced.
- May be involved in start up of new product introductions.
- Performs above functions to meet department and plant goals and objectives. These include, but are not limited to: Delivery, Inventory, Production Utilization and Schedule Attainment.
- Performs other duties or special assignments as required
- A.A.S. or B.S. Degree in Business, Production Management or equivalent with 2-5 years in production planning/scheduling in a manufacturing environment and/or related experience in utilizing ERP system.
- APICS/CPIM and APICS/CIRM
- Normal office environment.
- Position may require frequent communication and walking to other areas in which designated PPE will be required.
- Position will require sitting and standing.
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Creativity and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical skills (the ability to view a situation logically, break it down into manageable tasks, and to identify alternative plans of action).
- Good planning and organizational skills-able to manage multiple competing priorities.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills (MS Outlook, MRP II software, MS Office
Excel, Word, Access, MS project, etc.)
- SAP knowledge is preferred.
- Able to work successfully in a team.
- Must demonstrate good safety and quality practices.
This position is not approved for relocation benefits.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 55,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join