Location: Remote, USA
As a member of the Thermo Fisher Scientific North America Center of Excellence (CoE), you will work within a multi-disciplinary matrix team that includes regional sales representatives, marketing and service professionals, product development scientists, and engineers. When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, and you’ll be valued and recognized for your performance. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
This opening is for a dynamic and self-motivating individual to support state-of-the-art LCMS instrumentation as an Associate Field Application Scientist. As a member of the Thermo Fisher Scientific North America Center of Excellence, the candidate will work within a multi-disciplinary matrix team that includes regional sales representatives, marketing and service professionals, product development scientists, and engineers. Primary responsibilities will be to aid and help customers become more successful with their LCMS Instrumentation in laboratories working on proteomics applications. Additional responsibilities include technical support for customers, creation of customer facing educational materials and assisting in LC-MS product demonstrations.
- Provide post-sales customer training and application support on LCMS instrumentation in response to customer enquiries, including remote, onsite and possibly internal classroom environments.
- Work with senior members of the Center of Excellence to develop and update educational content for customer training in the form of videos, seminars, training manuals etc.
- Assist in planning and participate in educational or User meeting events.
- Communicate with customers in a professional manner
- Effectively deliver information-rich tools in an engaging manner
- Combine conceptual and analytical knowledge to independently address basic problems
- Independently prioritize projects based on feedback from manager and senior team members and adapt to critical feedback
- Perform other relevant duties as required
- Ensure that all activities are carried out in accordance with Thermo Fisher Scientific policies and applicable laws.
- Represent Thermo Fisher Scientific by clearly and consistently demonstrating Thermo Fisher Scientific mission, vision, values and objectives to both our employees and end-user customers.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical discipline and at least 3-5 years of relevant experience; or an advanced degree with limited experience; or equivalent work experience
- Basic competency in Proteomics
- 2+ years of hands on LCMS experience with general proteomics LCMS workflows and associated informatics is required
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills (English)
- Ability to work independently with little supervision and a strong work ethic is critical
- Willingness to work in a remote team environment
- Ability to travel 75% within North America required
- Demonstrate Thermo Fisher Scientific values – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement
- 2+ years experience with advanced degree is preferred.
- Experience with Orbitrap instrumentation and Liquid Chromatography is highly desirable.
- Self-motivated to drive continuous learning
- Track record in achieving or exceeding commercial management objectives on a consistent basis.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join