Job Title: GC/GC-MS Applications Specialist
Requisition ID: 56305BR
Location: Remote UK Reports To: Sales Support Manager UK & Ireland
Career Band: 6
Job Track: Professional
The main goal of this position is to deliver reliable robust analytical solutions to our customers, honour commitments and deliver analytical excellence. This role itself participates in a team responsible for Gas Chromatography and Mass Spectrometry product demonstrations, expert technical advice and training to sales colleagues, customer visits, application development, present at scientific events, customer support, customer product focused training and field marketing within the European Sales Support team with focus on UK & Ireland. We are looking for a high energy team player with a high motivation and knowledge of Gas Chromatography with experience of Mass Spectrometry. This candidate will join a highly engaged, successful and passionate team working with the latest industry leading products and software within Thermo Scientific Gas Chromatography portfolio. A snapshot of technologies responsible within this role are: Trace 1300 Series GC, TSQ 8000 EVO Triple Quadrupole GC/MS, ISQ Single Quadrupole GC/MS and Orbitrap high resolution accurate mass GC/MS and of course our flagship Chromeleon 7.2 Chromatography and Mass Spectrometry data system software.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Proactively demonstrate a solutions orientated mind set and work closely with the sales team and fellow UK Chromatography sales support experts to achieve identified company quarterly/ annual sales plans and participate in achievement of assigned core team goals.
- Personally responsible to managing own allocated UK application/demonstration/training requests ensuring timely and efficient, top-class delivery of customer demonstrations and demo reports, application methods and apps notes, customer training and other activities working closely with sales colleagues and other responsible colleagues within the CMD organisation. Close co-operation with other chromatography and mass spectrometry product lines is essential to make best use of available resources and customer requirements.
- Provides high quality and effective pre- and post-sales support working closely with factory based product and vertical marketing teams, other product line, service and sales teams. When developing applications and performing customer demonstrations ensure that methods developed and best practices are shared using with other members of the team and the responsible manager using Thermo Scientific AppsLab analytical method repository.
- Demonstrate and pro-actively use commercial awareness of the Chromatography and Mass Spectrometry business as a whole. Develop strategic arguments and implement during competitive scenarios.
- Ensures training activities are provided to the customer in a timely manner while focussing on customer satisfaction and on a continually improving customer relationship leading to future business opportunities with the customer. Personally responsible for the relationship with the customer.
- Participate in the development of training materials and programs in cooperation with sales, factory, service and marketing teams.
- Personally responsible for identifying training needs and ensuring that their capabilities and competencies meet the needs and requirements of the sales support team for the relevant product line.
- Responsible to identify potential marketing and sales collateral by monitoring demos and application projects and sharing such work/results with responsible manager, vertical and regional marketing teams.
- Communicate market intelligence and VOC information obtained during customer demonstrations and in the field to the responsible manager and factory product teams.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this position. This is not an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities associated with this role. The focus points might vary from individual to individual depending on their expertise and market requirements. Other activities and responsibilities not in the above list may well be required.
- Degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry or similar
- 5+ years relevant Gas Chromatography and Mass Spectrometry knowledge is required
- Knowledge and experience of Chromeleon software is preferable
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Ability to speak the “technical language” of the customer
- Good self-organizational skills
- Excellent inter-personal skills
- Driving License
- Willingness to travel within the region (UK & Ireland). Occasional EU travel as required
- Strong Customer Focus Skills
- The ability to work on own initiative and to meet deadlines and targets
- Must be flexible and prepared to undertake tasks as required
Recruiter: Alverina Corion;Alverina.email@example.com
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join