When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.?xml:namespace prefix = "o" /
As the world leader in serving science, we empower our people to advance innovative technologies, develop meaningful solutions, and build rewarding careers. With revenues of $18 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our 55,000 extraordinary minds the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
The Materials and Structural Analysis Electron Microscopy business enables customers to find meaningful answers to questions that accelerate breakthrough discoveries, increase productivity, and ultimately change the world. The M&SA EM business designs, manufactures, and supports the broadest range of high-performance microscopy workflows that provide images and answers in the micro-, nano-, and picometer scales.
Combining hardware and software expertise in electron, ion, and light microscopy with deep application knowledge in the materials science, life sciences, electronics, and natural resources markets, the worldwide Electron Microscopy employees are dedicated to customers' pursuit of discovery and resolution to global challenges.
The Account Manager is responsible for managing sales/account management activities for all assigned locations, defining and driving sales strategies, providing leadership to subordinates and ensuring the achievement of bookings, revenue and business goals.
· Own all sales/ account management responsibilities of specified Materials Science Electron Microscopy products to all sites including resolving any issues.
· Define, align and implement Account Strategy for the Industrial markets.
· Maintain accurate quarterly booking forecasts.
· Understand all budget issues at each customer and take strategic action.
· Confirm all system configurations, specifications and acceptance conditions are appropriate for closing orders.
· Manage all User Group activity by product as required.
· Manage system demonstrations by working closely with application engineers and product marketing managers.
· Manage the sales booking process.
· Manage product issues in the field by working closely with the Account service group and application engineers for solutions.
· Work with Field Service to achieve excellent customer satisfaction
· Typically requires a university degree, preferably in Material Science, Chemistry, Physics, Engineering.
· Typically requires 5 years of sales management experience in a related product area.
· Highly developed negotiation skills for customer interaction and closure of sales and other issues.
· Excellent, enthusiastic, clear communication skills to a diverse audience is critical to the success of this position.
· Systematic problem solving by working with customers and account team.
· Presentation skills and creating materials for presentations to internal and external audiences.
· Ability to work in good cooperation within an account team.
· Ability to travel to customer sites and factory locally and internationally.
· Miller-Heiman strategic and conceptual selling experience is highly desirable.
· US citizenship is required to comply with government regulations at certain customer facilities.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 55,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join