Education/Experience: PhD in life sciences (cell biology/molecular biology/biotechnology/biochemistry), OR, MS/MSc in life sciences (cell biology/molecular biology/biotechnology/biochemistry) with 5+ years research (academic/industry) experience. Relevant work experience must be significant for fluorescence/confocal microscopy. Published track record of images would be advantageous.
Skills: Candidate should have a thorough understanding of and experience with immunostaining, cellular physiology, histology/pathology and fluorescence/ confocal microscopy techniques in mammalian cell and tissue systems. Experience with image processing and image analysis using relevant software is desired. Handling high throughput imaging systems and Demonstrated experience in management of a core microscopy facility is a bonus.
Working knowledge of basic biochemical, cellular & molecular biologic techniques, standard protein detection techniques such as western blotting, IF & ELISA and publications in peer-reviewed journals is expected. Experience with independent design, execution and interpretation of experiments is required. Ability to troubleshoot technical challenges should be demonstrated. Attention to detail, ability to work in a fast paced environment and strict adherence to deadlines is essential. Strong organizational skills coupled with strong interpersonal and communication skills (both oral and written) are essential. Experience in mentoring undergraduate students or junior scientists is a bonus.
- The candidate would be working with a team on research projects using standard techniques and protocols (protein detection techniques)
- Responsible for designing experiments, data analysis and diligent maintenance of records
- Presenting data to a larger group on a regular basis and troubleshoot as needed
- Up to date on cutting edge technologies and methods in microscopy and image analysis
- Responsible for providing new and existing users hands-on training in the proper use of the imaging equipment
- Manage and maintain the imaging equipment
- Development, evaluation, documentation and publication of new protocols and techniques
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join