When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, and you’ll be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you’ll find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Job Title: Director of Marketing Operations
The Director of Marketing Operations facilitates the development of marketing strategies and plans for the business, Life Sciences Group (LSG), and measurement of their implementation progress. Collaboratively consults with other marketing leaders to support strategic business needs while improving the effectiveness and efficiency of processes, programs, and infrastructure. This position helps to direct a dedicated operational team toward a focus on the profitability and long-term viability of the enterprise.
- Directs the development and implementation of processes, tools, metrics, initiatives, infrastructure and technology that will support and improve the operations of the Marketing function.
- Identifies, recommends and leads the implementation processes and tools, including directing cross-functional implementation teams, in an effort to increase overall effectiveness of the marketing organization.
- Assesses the organization’s current Marketing capabilities against future Marketing objectives and requirements, and formulates a strategy to build required competencies through internal development and recruitment.
- Benchmarks the organization’s current marketing activities, performance and investment against industry best practices, and through gap analysis, develops a roadmap for improvements and business case for undertaking necessary changes.
- Conducts regular Marketing Operations Reviews to align Marketing strategy with tactics and ensure effective execution of Marketing strategy, including a functional “health check” on at least an annual basis.
- Accelerates change through the marketing organization by applying change management concepts and methods to implement organizational strategies in order to meet business objectives.
- Control and manage Marketing Operations budget.
- Evaluate new technologies and add-on applications to improve and optimize marketing team performance.
- Demonstrate cohesive leadership, build high performing work teams, implement and manage productive operating mechanisms to ensure team alignment, strong communication and on time, measurable marketing results for the business.
- Contributes to the overall Global Marketing strategy and direction and collaborates with Marketing Leadership Team to develop a strategic plan.
- Regularly assess team performance and effectively communicates with colleagues, global leadership team and senior management on progress against objectives and future plans for driving performance.
- BA or BS degree, MBA Preferred.
- 10+ years’ experience in marketing – with at least 6 years of marketing operations experience in B2C/B2B life sciences, high tech or pharmaceutical companies.
- 5 years’ experience leading a high performing marketing team.
- Extensive experience in marketing operations, marketing planning and operations.
- Must have budget management experience and financial analysis skills.
- Strong change management skills and experiences.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join