PRODUCT SUPPORT SPECIALIST
THERMO FISHER SCIENTIFIC
As a world leader in serving science; Thermo Fisher Scientific is a driving force in the research, healthcare, industrial and applied markets, generating more than $18 billion in annual revenue. No other company can match our range of customer touch points – technologically, geographically or commercially. We help our customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment, making sure our food is safe and moving forward with thousands of important projects that improve millions of lives.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission - enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. What story will you tell?
WHAT TO EXPECT IN THIS ROLE
Are you a peoples’ person and a solution finder? Can you imagine working for one of the world’s largest life-science companies? Do you have a scientific background and speak fluent Swedish and Danish? Then this might be the opportunity for you!
In this position you will be a part of Thermo Fisher Scientific’s Research and Safety Market Division, which delivers over 800,000 different products to a wide range of customers helping them to accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity.
As a Product Support Specialist you will work closely with the rest of your team to professionally and efficiently deal with customers' enquiries via phone, email and post. The role is based in our Gothenburg office where over 45 people work from. At Thermo Fisher we can offer an interesting and challenging position in an international environment. You will join a company that is a world leader in serving science and will support you to achieve your career goals.
With our customers in focus we hope that you will:
- Proactively develop specialist knowledge of your primary and secondary business units through regular interaction with stakeholder departments and suppliers. You will also be given the opportunity to master new areas and provide support to areas outside of your specialization.
- Provide customers with clear and timely product support and take responsibility for customer follow-up and communication
- Support and provide product training for internal colleagues, take part in new product trainings.
- Own customer issues and work with a wide range of stakeholders to solve them
- Strive to exceed individual, team and company goals
- Feel empowered to resolve complex or difficult customer queries seeking support and clarification where appropriate and to make decisions on behalf of the customer
- Be a customer advocate, passionately supporting their needs and ensuring their views and concerns are captured, resolved and escalated
- Strive to continuously improve our processes
- Effectively plan and prioritise workload on a daily basis to avoid backlogs, ensuring their Supervisor is made aware if any challenges
- Liaise with Field Sales where appropriate to understand customer requirements regarding pricing, turnaround times and the potential of the account.
The role is focused on Teamwork which involves:
- Building mutually beneficial relationships with internal and external colleagues, customers and suppliers
- Encouraging positive attitudes within the department and the organization
- Maintaining a professional manner when problems arise – finding solutions and driving positive change
- Providing and receiving constructive feedback
- Effectively performing your duties whilst acting at all times in accordance with the Dignity at Work Policy, Code of Business Conduct and Ethics and our values of Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement
Communication is key!
- All written communication to be well presented, professional clear and concise.
- You must display active listening skills to internal and external customers.
- Handle each customer contact enthusiastically and treats each one with a positive and professional manner.
- Seek to improve through focused training and feedback
You must be a problem solver and solution finder:
- Be proactive in presenting solutions, not just problems to others
- Constantly look for opportunities to prevent problems, not just react to them
- We require and offer dependability and flexibility
- Willingness to be flexible with working hours to meet the business needs
- Be prepared to visit customers, attend exhibitions, training events and meetings (which may involve overnight stays).
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
To succeed in this role you must be fluent in Danish, Swedish and English and have a scientific background - ideally a scientific Masters or technical lab experience.
We see experience of working in a multi-channel customer service environment and in a technical/product support team as a distinct advantage.
As a person you are driven, open-minded and positive. Strong communication skills are key in this role as is the ability to solve problems and find solutions.
Our work environment is fast paced so you should be comfortable with working under pressure and multi-tasking.
IS THIS THE OPPORTUNITY FOR YOU?
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
APPLY NOW at https://jobs.thermofisher.com/
Application deadline: 30 October 2017
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join