Job ID :
US - California - Sunnyvale
- Develop / evaluate / improve column packing and testing processes through accurate and complete documentation of all applicable processes.
- Interact with Quality function to establish acceptance criteria for product types.
- Validate processes utilizing IQ / OQ / PQ methodology.
- Recommend / evaluate / qualify new materials in existing products and work with R&D to identify materials for new product development projects.
- Collaborate with manufacturing team and suppliers to ensure quality and proper preparation of products and materials.
- Make recommendations for tooling modifications or improvements as needed.
- Identify and execute initiatives to improve cost, productivity and quality, and contribute to capital improvement projects as needed.
- Contribute to training of manufacturing personnel.
- This position will provide project management support as needed.
- Other miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated proficiency in setup, operation and optimization of processes.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Basic computer skills (experience with chromatography software a plus, but not required).
- Must be disciplined and self-accountable, and have the ability to manage multiple priorities and a wide range of duties.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills will be essential in order to interact and communicate with individuals in other departments at all levels of the organization.
- Ideal candidates should be familiar with basic lean and continuous improvement principles (i.e. Six Sigma).
- Demonstrate Thermo Fisher Scientific values – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Studying in an Engineering discipline (Chemistry preferred) from an accredited institution required.
- Experience with, or knowledge of, IQ / OQ / PQ and DOE methodology.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and a wide range of duties.
- Ability to respond to the varied and changing demands of a manufacturing environment.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join