Intern, Mechanical Engineering
Job ID :
US - California - Sunnyvale
- Use 3D CAD (CREO) to perform mechanical design, modeling, and detailing of parts, assemblies, and drawings.
- Compile and analyze operational, test, and research data Mechanical or electro-mechanical designing, modeling, and detailing of parts and assemblies. Providing all documentation for manufacturing of design.
- Assist with debugging and testing the assemblies and products
- Write and release Engineering Change Orders (ECOs) for engineering drawings and Bills of Material (BOMs)
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Materials Science, or equivalent (must be currently enrolled)
- Knowledge of 3D CAD software. CREO/Windchill is a plus.
- Knowledge of Finite Element Analysis (FEA). CREO Simulate is a plus.
- Knowledge of ANSI drafting standards and GD&T.
- Excellent communication skills. Must be able to clearly communicate technical content to peers and management, support conclusions and recommendations with calculations, test data, industry literature, etc.
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills to understand system interfaces and be able to quickly analyze, troubleshoot, and determine root cause of issues.
- Some experience using 3D CAD software. CREO/Windchill is a plus.
- Knowledge of applied materials science.
- Knowledge of manufacturing thermoplastic components, (machined and injection molded), including PEEK, PTFE, UHMW, and others.
- Knowledge of manufacturing sheet metal
- Experience with Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD). FloEFD is a plus
- Proficiency using common machine shop power tools (e.g. mill, lathe, drill-press).
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join