When you are part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you will do important work, and you will be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you will find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Thermo Fisher Scientific, Laboratory Chemicals Division is currently seeking a Team Lead- Customer Service Representative- Exports at our Bridgewater, NJ. Site. This is a first shift position (7:30am-4:00pm)
- Process all incoming e-mail orders from our international customers.
- Reviews orders for completeness, export compliance and company policies. Notify customers and assigned dealers of any irregularities in the export order and the proper remedies that will be required.
- Document order instructions to ensure proper preparation of export documentation and routing.
- Enter orders into IMPACCT system and create order file.
- Prepare and coordinate planning, packaging and shipping activities with Fair Lawn and BPF.
- Respond to and resolves internal and external customer requests and inquiries which may involve pricing, product availability, returns, terms and conditions, and delivery.
- Document transactions and perform follow-up actions in accordance with departmental standard operating processes and procedures.
- Process incoming labels, match to orders and resolve label reconciliation issues.
- Process return goods authorization and credits.
- Interact with multiple areas to ensure timely and accurate shipment of product.
- Process and track sample orders.
- Prepare and monitor weekly Orders Due report to ensure due dates are met and timely notification of late shipments to customers.
- Proactively communicate changes to our customers regarding their inquiries or orders.
- Proactively communicate issues/changes to appropriate team members and management.
- Review and understand all departmental functional procedures and work instructions.
- Attend team meetings when required (export, production planning, etc.).
- Be accountable for the specific tasks/assignments for this position (demonstrate leadership facilitation skills).
- Be accountable for special project assignments and respond in an agreed upon timeframe.
- Prepare the required reports for the position within an agreed upon timeframe.
- Manage issue resolution through coordination/communication with appropriate internal team members.
- Respond to all requests in a timely manner.
- Attends internal/external training as necessary, which will include all products, Export Documentation, Export Compliance and any other functions that relates to work duties.
- Drive continuous improvement via customer communications and feedback relative to support levels, order status, complaints and pricing.
- Developing and coordinating distribution schedules.
- Planning and scheduling priorities for Manufacturing and Supply chain teams.
- Interacting with cross-functional teams to ensure timely and accurate shipment of orders.
- Monitoring backorder reports and releasing available stock for packing daily.
- Conducting inventory analysis and initiating nonfunctional stock disposition.
- Coordinating warehouse packing operations.
- Optimizing loads and managing consolidations.
- Printing country specific labels.
- Processing credits and return authorizations for domestic orders.
- Participating in process improvement projects.
- 2-3 years customer service/order entry experience in a related chemical industry with solid export experience.
- Must possess clear, concise writing and speaking skills to be able to communicate effectively with customers, suppliers, freight forwarders and other departments.
- Must possess the interpersonal skills to deal effectively with customers and relate well to others in the organization.
- Must possess strong organizational skills, with attention to detail to be able to prioritize and manage assigned workload on time and accurately.
- Must be proficient with standard computer applications such as Microsoft Office, Internet Explorer, Microsoft Outlook and Excel. Experience with an AS400 system and Warehouse Management System a plus.
- 4 year College degree
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 55,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join