A Business Analyst conducts research, monitors, maintains, and optimizes business solutions.
Knowledge of business processes and SAP within a specific area of responsibility, defined by the position. Directly support users and corporate processes in the assigned area. Researches gaps in functionality, gathers requirements of users and presents recommendations to teams both technical and business.
Excellent grasp of industry and subject matter best practices, trends, and concepts. Ability to apply these concepts into the SAP environment and business process. Strong Leadership skills, especially in the handling of Organization Change Management are strongly desired.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Supports SAP ECC and related software
• Excellent Knowledge of Materials Management techniques, methods, and tools. Subject matter best practices
• Good understanding of SAP product lifecycle management
• Good understanding of SAP production planning, MRP, ATP, AOP.
• Knowledge of SAP Reporting capabilities, Business Objects is an advantage
• Develops process documentation for processes and procedures
• Participate in Service Desk function to resolve user related support calls
• Prepare and execute test plans for new functionality
• Publish communication related to the deployment of new functionality
• Translate user requirements into user requests and program specifications
• Work with programmers to assure compliance to program specifications
• Develop training outlines for end-users
• Liaise with Divisional Management to understand direction within their functional area of responsibility
• Monitor compliance with Service Level Agreements for site.
• Maintain security in compliance with ThermoFisher Security directives.
• Ensure compliance to Thermo Fisher IT Policies and Guidelines.
• Proficient project management skills, utilizing recognized methodologies and frameworks
• Travel can range from 25%-50%
• Gather user requirements to develop solutions and alternatives
• Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs
• Translate high-level information into details as well as summarize detailed information
• Communicate and collaborate with users to analyze information needs and functional requirements
• Collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs.
• Work with users to define concepts under direction of project leaders
• Serve as the conduit between the user community and the software development team through which requirements flow
• Develop requirements specifications according to standard templates
• Liaise between the business, technology teams and support teams
• Comply with company’s Global IT Policies & Procedures
• Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Excellent knowledge of business processes and best practices
- Knowledge of SAP in specified areas
- Knowledge of Thermo Fisher SAP Template a plus
- 7+ years of business experience in functional area
- 5+ years of SAP experience
- Strong interpersonal and excellent documentation skills are a must
- Able to assume and complete assignments independently
- Ability to explain and champion technical concepts to a broad audience
- Excellent customer service skills required
- Strong analytical skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements
- Strong project management skills and understanding of project management lifecycle
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts
- Relevant technical certificates a plus
Associates Degree in Computer Science, equivalent work experience acceptable
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join