Job Title: Operator 1, Manufacturing
Requisition ID: 56042BR
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
- Operate processing and packaging equipment. Equipment includes balances, labelers, band sealers, pumps, filtration systems, and other packaging equipment.
- Weigh, measure and check raw materials with assistance of computer interface to assure batches manufactured contain proper materials and quantities.
- Calibrate/operate semi-automated and automated manufacturing equipment.
- Perform in-process sampling and testing to assure batches meet specification.
- Follow all safe practices and SOP’s.
- Complete and maintain Quality Records in compliance with regulatory requirements, GMP’s and standard operating procedures.
- Maintain equipment and rooms in proper operating condition and proper cleanliness requirements.
- May be required to perform other related duties as required and/or assigned.
- High School Diploma from accredited institution required. Associate degree or higher preferred
- No previous experience is necessary, but laboratory exposure a plus.
- Some experience in logistics with a life science company preferred.
- Working knowledge of business computer software with logistics related databases desired.
- Good computational skills.
- Good multi-tasking and time management skills.
- Ability to work under time constraints and with changing priorities.
This position does not have relocation assistance
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join