The Storeperson will be supporting the Warehouse Manager in implementing and maintaining warehouse controls and disciplines to ensure a smooth and effective operation. This position is responsible for achieving the day-to-day activities of the picking and dispatch functions.
Receive, receipt, store, pick and dispatch items in accordance with established processes and procedures.
Ensure quality standards are achieved and maintained for all product and stock in Warehouse. Any quality issues identified need to be escalated to Operations Manager or Distribution Manager.
Effectively use the inventory system to record stock activity and stock control. Complete stock takes as required.
Ensure Warehouse processes are communicated and followed by all stakeholders.
Achieve required deadlines for customers in relation to inventory/product specifications and delivery.
Advise Warehouse Operations Manager on any inventory or warehouse problems.
Adhere to OHS policies and procedures and ensure a safe and healthy workplace environment.
In conjunction with other employees foster a culture of team work, load sharing and joint problem solving
Perform other duties as assigned.
- Dangerous Goods and IATA certificate
- 1-2 years previous experience in a warehouse environment.
- Experience in a “break pack” warehouse environment.
- High School Education
- Relevant forklift licence
- Proficiency in warehouse principles.
- Effective communication and a team player.
- Strong awareness on OH&S.
- A pragmatic and ‘can do’ attitude, along with energy and enthusiasm.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join