Import/Export Manager, Japan Supply Chain
< Expectations >
· Design, organize and manage international inbound/outbound transportation flows to ensure on-time delivery in accordance with trade compliance, regulations and corporate policies.
· Responsible for team management including hiring, training, and supervision of team members.
· Collaborate with freight forwarders and customs brokers to control import/customs clearance process with reasonable freight cost aligned with business AOP. Collaborate with the GTC (Global Trade Compliance) team, legal, product management, and other related parties to ensure proper HTS classification and reporting.
· Initiate process improvement of transportation and customs clearance to increase productivity, efficiency, and compliance.
< Key Activities >
· Supervise the team members to meet internal/external customer’s expectations.
· Develop strategic partnership with service providers and carriers.
. Manage and evaluate a performance of service providers with committed service level.
· Plan, implement and execute to control the budget and report to Commercial and Finance.
. Review inbound and compliance metrics per month and manage KPI’s.
· Take the initiative in solving problems by PPI activities in collaboration with internal counterparts and external providers.
· Enhance traceability of goods in movement from factory to 3PL warehouse in collaboration with freight forwarders.
· Ensure proper classification of goods using proper HTS codes, COO, and ECCNs, and maintenance of parts table.
· Ensure all transactions are compliant with Japanese and US laws and regulations pertaining to international trade.
· Evaluate a performance of each team members with emphasis on productivity, efficiency, and quality aligned with corporate/customer’s expectations.
· Strengthen team building through coaching, mentoring, training, and development.
· Assist in the identification and implementation of continuous improvement opportunities and customer’s satisfactions.
· Review and establish standard operation procedures related to import/export activities.
< Development >
· Leadership and people management skills
· Knowledge and technical skills of customs clearance
· Effective communication with stakeholders
. 5-10+ years’ experience in Logistics, Transportation, Law, or any related fields.
. Business level English for both speaking and writing and native level Japanese for speaking and writing.
. Thorough understanding of Japanese import and exports rules, regulations, and practices, working knowledge of US export and ITAR regulations, Denied Party Screening, Harmonized Codes, and ECCNs.
. Experience with formulating, developing, and maintaining company procedures, policies, and training programs.
. Experience in ERP system such as SAP
. Ability to work cross functionally and independently is a plus.
. Licensed customs broker preferred.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join