The Category Specialist – IT, will have experience with all aspects of sourcing. The candidate will have the ability to understand and analyze category spend, market drivers, development of a category plan, proficient in the use of e-sourcing tools to facilitate the RF(X) process, supplier selection, contract negotiation and management, and cost savings planning and reporting. The candidate will be able to work collaboratively across the IT & Telecom Sourcing Team to provide support in driving goals & objectives.
Reporting to the Sr. Director of Global Indirect Sourcing – IT & Telecom, this position serves a key sourcing role at Thermo Fisher as part of the Global Sourcing group which provides sourcing strategy support at all levels of the organization, including division leaders, category leaders, and business level operational management. The group is responsible for Thermo Fisher’s global sourcing strategy, and execution. Its goal is to achieve multi-million dollar savings, create competitive advantages by achieving cost reductions related to materials and services spend, and make the organization an industry leader in sourcing strategies, processes, and practices.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serve as support for the cross-functional strategic sourcing team
- Aligns and communicates status of sourcing activities within sourcing and internal customers
- Negotiate and manage contracts for assigned IT spend categories
- Manage relationships with internal customers and external suppliers
- Lead in the leveraging of e-sourcing, spend visibility, and contract management tools for the IT & Telecom Sourcing Team
- Develop expertise in the areas of spend being managed and in strategic sourcing processes
- Research and communicate market data to better assess strategy and solutions within IT / sourcing
- Design & distribute electronic surveys in support of various internal and external supplier KPIs
- Develop and provide on-going support for reporting of sourcing savings and compliance tracking
- Serve as program management lead for identified strategic sourcing programs
- Assist in contract development and supplier negotiation processes
- Measure and evaluate internal customer compliance and supplier performance indicators by determining metrics and developing scorecards, for various sourcing categories
- Help manage the content for the IT & Telecom Sourcing Team’s intranet website
- A minimum of a 4-year undergraduate college degree preferred in the Business, Finance, and/or Technical field.
- A minimum of 4 years of IT Procurement / Purchasing / Sourcing experience is required
- Experience with Microsoft based office software required.
- Experience with sourcing and contracting of Cloud / SaaS software, and Professional Services preferred.
- Strong analytical skills required.
- Strong knowledge of the strategic sourcing process and practical application of the process to sourcing projects.
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong computer technology skills.
- Excellent teamwork skills.
- Experience in process improvement methodologies (Six Sigma, Lean, PPI, etc.) preferred.
- 10% global travel.
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint required
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills needed.
- Ability to work independently while still meeting project deadlines
- Demonstrated understanding of general Project Management concepts
- Ability to balance projects, with a high degree of energy; as a member of project teams and the ability to drive projects to completion in a complex, deadline driven environment.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join