Position Specification – Solutions Architect
Justification (for Internal Use Only)
LPG, CCG and AIG are increasing the number of solutions planned for deployment on the Thermo Fisher Cloud. A large number of these divisions are new to cloud software deployment and need consultative expertise to work with them on their cloud based architectural and product definition plans.
At Thermo Fisher, our mission is to serve science and improve lives. The emerging technologies team is tasked with applying industry best practices to the design, development, and deployment of world-class software products built to leverage the power and scalability of the cloud. We are looking for a Solutions Architect with experience in cloud based software development and deployment in clinical or research settings within life sciences or related domains. The ideal candidate is someone who helps us drive innovative business solutions utilizing the next wave of emerging technologies such us cloud, IoT, advanced data processing, and rich analytics tool sets.
You should be well versed and comfortable communicating and applying your deep architectural knowledge along with your practical solutions experience in a way that helps development teams with a wide variety of experience with visualizing and building highly advanced yet simple to use scientific applications for the cloud. You will sometimes have the role of teacher and consultant, and at other times be a developer on a team or a product owner, but you will always be able to read your audience and adapt your style to achieve
- You will work with our internal customer (Product Management, General Manager, Research and Development) leaders to create the business digital strategy and roadmap. You will be very well versed onto the business domain, that includes but not limited to customer and business value, digital transformation of existing products, definition of new products/services. You are a trusted leader in the digital transformation.
- You will drive the product backlog for the development of software and solutions geared towards our instruments and analysis applications. You will communicate and present results to all levels of the organization including peers, senior management and internal customers as needed. You will consult with internal and external stakeholders to characterize and improve the performance of our remote monitoring and instrument connectivity.
- Develop cloud and instrument-embedded software following standards and reusable components, including instrument integration to cloud based applications.
- Identify and define required system interfaces and map dependencies.
- Develop project functional and non-functional requirements.
- Investigate new technologies for use on products; perform feasibility studies; design and implement prototypes for early / usability testing.
- Participate throughout the software development life cycle, including backlog definition, testing, grooming, prioritization, roadmap and vision