• Support Customer Shipping and Receiving personnel with package receipts, shipments and deliveries.
• Provide day to day support to the Logistics support function.
• Shipments include excepted quantity hazardous material.
• Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) not required.
• Deliver packages to end-users lab or office location.
• Pick up items inside facility for outgoing shipment requests.
• Track internal package deliveries.
• Match packing slips to packages and verify piece counts and acceptable package conditions.
• Verify and confirm receipt of items in Oracle against packing slips accompanying packages.
• Package items for shipment, create shipping labels, and generate shipping documents.
• Process outbound shipments through FedEx.
• Follow-up on shipment status for end-users when requested.
• Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
• Deliver direct shipment chemical orders to end users laboratory bench.
• Follow well defined procedures as outlined by Best Practices, Standard Operation Procedures & Work Instructions.
• Communicate any customer issues or potential problems with the Site Supervisor.
• Access & utilize Thermo Fisher Scientifics’ Intranet and SharePoint document management system.
• Work effectively with a diverse cross-functional team.
• Embrace Practical Process Improvement (PPI) methodologies.
• Positively Represent Thermo Fisher Scientific at all times throughout customer locations.
• Perform other duties as assigned by management.
• High School Diploma, or equivalent
• Ability to read, write and speak English
• Ability to lift, push and pull 40-50 pounds consistently; May be required to lift up to 50 lbs.
• DOT/IATA certification is a plus, but not required
• Work overtime, as required
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
• Strong desire to serve the customer, and the interpersonal skills to deal with various levels of personnel at the customer site
• Demonstrated ability to deliver excellent customer service
• Ability to use hand held scanners and learn to enter data in computer systems, as necessary
• Proficient multi-tasking and time management skills
• Maintain a professional appearance at all times
• Computer literate and intermediate skills in Microsoft Office
• Individual will be required to report to a customer location, in and around shipping/receiving docks, stock rooms, storage locations and laboratory environments
• Extensive walking is required
• May pass through areas where chemical based allergens may be in use (such as penicillin, tetracycline, etc.)
• Must be able to use material handling equipment such as push carts and pallet jacks
• Depending on area of building, personal protective equipment (PPE) must be worn to include lab coats, safety glasses and safety gloves.
• Individual will be expected to work Monday through Fridays, 8 hours per day
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join