When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $20 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
- Candidate must be able to work independently, as well as on teams within the Cell Culture Laboratories.
- Must have the ability to multitask in a fast paced environment and prioritize work as necessary.
- Carry out standard operating procedures involving basic laboratory techniques, calculations, materials measurement, operation of laboratory equipment and record keeping necessary for chemical analyses involving fresh and spent culture media and raw materials.
- Responsible for testing data records, notebooks, customer reports and computerized data storage.
- Utilize specialized technical knowledge and skills to make detailed observations and analyze data to ensure assays are within operating parameters.
- Advise manager of factors that may affect quality of data.
- Suggest options/ideas for corrective and preventative actions.
- In addition, this position will participate in ordering of laboratory supplies and raw materials as well as preventative maintenance and repair of laboratory equipment.
- Requires a functional knowledge of laboratory equipment and techniques.
- Accuracy and attention to detail is required in performing all functions of this position.
- Initiative, organizational and computer skills are extremely valuable to ensure effective laboratory operations.
- Must demonstrate judgment, tact and diplomacy in dealing with internal and external customers.
- Must possess self-motivation and the ability to work on routine analysis with no instructions or new assignments with limited instructions.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills are required.
- High level of familiarity with Microsoft Office software, especially Excel.
- Experience with HPLC/UHPLC methods and instrumentation is required.
- Minimum of AAS degree (BS preferred) in Chemistry, Biotechnology, or related Sciences.
- Minimum five years of experience in a laboratory setting.
- Experience with cGMP, GLP, CLIA or other lab regulation is preferred.
- Experience with Mass Spectrometry (LC-MS, ICP-MS), and/or Capillary Electrophoresis techniques and instrumentation
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join