When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $20 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
- Designs experimental plans, leads study execution, analyzes experimental data, generates laboratory protocols, and writes technical reports, quantitative analyses, and product summaries
· Works on complex problems of diverse scope where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors
· Troubleshoots and solves problems in the design/execution of development projects
· Exercises practical judgment within broadly defined practices and policies and exhibits creativity and foresight in selecting approaches and techniques for obtaining solutions
· Investigates, creates, and develops new methods and technologies to improve effectiveness of development workflows
· Maintains accurate lab notebook to support protection of intellectual property in accordance with relevant Thermo Fisher required standards
· Maintains high level of professional expertise and substantial knowledge of principles and theories through familiarity with competing technologies and/or products, review of current scientific literature, and attendance at scientific seminars and meetings
· Presents data at scientific conferences (external and internal) and prepares other publications when appropriate
· Interacts closely with other internal departments (i.e., Marketing, Business Development, Quality, Operations and/or Technical Services) in the commercialization of new products
· Frequent technical interactions with outside collaborators through seminars and publications and with customers through teleconferences, site visits, and scientific meetings
· Performs duties independently with only general direction given
· Complies with all company safety, training, and quality regulations (e.g., ISO compliance, GLP/GMP requirements, etc.) and procedures
· Works in a laboratory environment, is required to lift up to 40 lbs, and may be required to stand for long periods of time while performing duties
· Able to work safely with chemicals and hazardous materials
· Must be able to work flexible hours; travel may be required as much as 5 – 10 %
· May be required to perform other related duties as required and/or assigned
REQUIREMENTS / EDUCATION:
Minimum Qualifications (must have):
· Bachelor’s degree with 5 plus years of experience, Master's degree with 3 plus years of experience, or Ph.D. degree in Biochemical Engineering, Biology, Biochemistry or other related discipline, or equivalent knowledge and experience.
· Expertise in the methods and techniques of small-scale mammalian cell culture
· Working knowledge of scientific principles associated with bioprocessing workflows
· Demonstrated competence in data analysis, research design, troubleshooting, and the evaluation of new techniques and procedures for manufacturing reagents, systems, products or technologies
· Demonstrated ability to identify and solve problems
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interpret and summarize scientific results in a clear, concise, and accurate manner
· Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to efficiently evaluate and adapt to changing project priorities
Preferred Qualifications (nice to have):
· Prior industrial experience, particularly in process development and/or cell culture media formulation development.
· Working knowledge of statistical design of experiments (DOE)
· Understanding of chemical, biochemical and physical interactions of cell culture media and reagent components
· Previous cell culture experience with cell lines used in protein production applications (e.g. CHO, HEK293, NS0)
· Prior Industrial experience in continuous bioprocess development for human biotherapeutic applications (perfusion/chemostat-based culture methods).
· Previous experience with cell lines used in the production of viral vaccines (e.g. Vero, MRC-5, BHK)
· Familiarity with the operation of bench-top stirred tank bioreactors and related process development laboratory equipment as well as the scale-up of bioreactor and mixing systems
· Experience with high-throughput cell culture technologies (e.g. ambr15)
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join