When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Chemical Analysis Division
The Chemical Analysis Division (CAD), has innovative analytics, from Lab to Line to Field. The business serves a wide breath of industrial markets including pharmaceutical, food and beverage, environmental, process minerals, mining, coal, cement and metals, as well as academic, government, safety, and security.
The businesses that make up CAD are:
Materials & Minerals (M&M)
Field and Safety Instruments (FSI)
The role of the Digital Science Director is to define, execute and own the Chemical Analysis Division (CAD) Digital Science strategy. They will work with Business Unit leadership, product managers, and R&D teams to facilitate the “Re-Thinking” of products and services based on all aspects of connected systems – instruments, software, mobile applications, on-premise and Cloud enabled workflow applications.
Reporting to the CAD Head of R&D, the Digital Science Platform Manager will take the outcome of this “Re-Thinking” (new integrated processes, process automation, services, features, business models, and applications) and work to develop conceptual solutions that can be evaluated for market and business case opportunities. The Digital Science Director will then work with development teams to facilitate the development and launch of product integrations, applications, and services across development centers to create compelling value for our customers.
They will be responsible for the Management of a Division level Digital Shared Services team tasked with User Experience, Software platform development, and Information Science support.
- Socializing and evangelizing Digital Science, and Smart, Connected Products across CAD.
- Facilitating ideation and concept development (eventually based on standards and best practice) supporting new customer value and or productivity savings
- Developing a Digital Science roadmap with specific products, services and timelines
- Working with Business Unit leadership, Marketing/Product Management and R&D to define their specific Digital Science strategy, evaluate business cases, markets and monetization routes
- Facilitating the development process for Smart, Connected Products
- Managing relationships and projects with remote development centers for Smart, Connected Products
- Managing the CAD digital Science Shared Services team
- Owning the development of a profitable portfolio of Digital Solutions products
- Developing and managing the yearly Digital Science budget
- Ability to define and set Vision and Ideation of Digital Products and Services for the CAD Markets – Industrial, Safety and Security and Environmental
- Experience in Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) product and services development
- Business and Technology development experience
- Establishing platforms, standards and operating processes
- Strategy Development and Implementation
- Product Management/Marketing
- Lifecycle management of a product line
- Definition of products using market and VOC information
- Use Case and Product Specification Definition
- Monetizing Connected Products and Services
- Balancing and prioritizing competing project requests
- Project Management
- Experience working within a Phase Gate driven product development process
- Experience of using Agile development for software
- Use of PPM tool for portfolio and product lifecycle management
- Understanding customer needs in industrial, safety & security and environmental markets
• 5+ years working in Product Management, Marketing, Business Development, IoT and Digital product and services creation
• Bachelor’s Degree in a Science subject, Master’s Degree preferred.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join