Sr. Supply Chain Manager
Job ID :
US - Ohio - Marietta
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Position Location: Marietta, Ohio
Number of Direct Reports: 5-10
What You'll Get to Do: This position reports to the Director of Manufacturing Operations and is the strategic manager of Planning and Control of all Materials for this manufacturing site. The functional core competencies of this role include lean material flow, inventory controls and analytics, procurement, warehouse management, cross-functional planning, and continuous improvement. This leader must make connections and network with colleagues to leverage organizational knowledge as an effective partner in the business. This leadership position is also responsible for eliminating waste through inventory control and all associated work processes. The position requires a goal oriented individual who is a positive influence and role model leader that embraces change, possesses a continuous improvement mindset, and has a passion for exceeding company and customer expectations.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, you will become part of a high-energy team that operates in a Continuous Improvement environment. We are a Lean Production facility that relies on Practical Process Improvement methodologies and Lean techniques. Thermo Fisher Scientific believes that it is necessary for all team members to be engaged and aligned and exhibit our core values of Integrity, Intensity, Innovation, and Involvement.
How You’ll Make a Difference:
• Represent the Materials function on the Site Leadership senior staff, including performance reporting, budget management, strategy contribution, decision-making and communications.
• Provide functional strategy to guide the daily execution, performance improvement and career development of the Planning, Procurement and local Warehouse organization staff.
• Manage the annual Performance Management and Development (PMD) and Human Resource Review (HRR) processes to maintain a robust staff that evolves into future leaders and is resilient to unexpected events.
• Participate in Divisional and Corporate Operations and Materials councils or forums to drive best practice sharing, benchmarking and talent development.
• Complete routine capacity planning for the site based on 3+ year forecasts, utilization rates, productivity assumptions and any strategic programs or events.
• Lead the evaluation and own the execution of product specific fulfillment strategies, such as make to stock, make to order, Fast Ship, and postponement, assuring appropriate cross-functional and business engagement.
• Plan production across all value streams as part of the Sales Inventory & Operations Planning (SIOP) process to properly align site goals and priorities of service level and operational efficiencies within a 12-18 month planning horizon.
• Develop and govern the process through which production schedules are developed and managed within the value streams, including prioritization logic, constraint management, process controls and flex/buffer strategies.
• Categorize site suppliers to assure proper oversight and daily management, leverage with Global Sourcing and alignment with Supplier Quality.
• Organize site Buyers to assure proper alignment with daily value stream activities, supplier management responsibilities and appropriate career development based on complexity, volume, risk and innovation.
• Understand and enforce execution of our Supplier Quality requirements and best practices, such that the Sr. Supply Chain Manager can represent Supplier Quality performance during a regulatory audit.
Shipping & Inventory Management
• Manage the shipping and warehouse management process to ensure customer on time shipments with short and stable lead times.
• Operation’s management of all warehouses to ensure transactional discipline is in place as well as meeting productivity targets.
• Strong linkage to Order Fulfillment to manage customer orders and provide timely customer updates and communications.
• Using the Plan for Every Part methodology, establish optimized inventory targets, replenishment processes and materials flows at the site to achieve our service level, efficiency and productivity goals.
• Establish and govern site-wide inventory control policies and procedures, achieving inventory accuracy > 90% as a baseline requirement and demonstrating annual improvement.
• Develop, manage and deliver the Site’s Inventory Days of Supply (DOS) and Excess & Obsolete (E&O) Annual Operating Plan (AOP) for raw materials, work-in-process and finished goods (onsite), including annual DOS and E&O improvements by using the PPI business system.
• Bachelor’s Degree required: Supply Chain Management, Materials Management, or related field preferred. Master’s Degree is preferred.
• Ten or more years of experience being responsible for a materials management function with exposure to low volume/high mix consumables and large equipment strongly preferred, preferably in a manufacturing and/or distribution operations environment; with 5 or more years of strong leadership experience managing others.
• Familiar with international distribution and procurement requirements, including packaging labeling, export documentation, duties, regulatory approvals.
• Demonstrated experience and success using Lean Manufacturing business practices, preferably in materials management.
• Hands on experience with planning, MRP, inventory controls, replenishment, warehouse management and procurement functionality in ERP and best-of-breed software solutions with specific emphasis on SAP ECC, EWM and APO, preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Developed reasoning and decision-making skills to drive projects to completion through individual and team accountability.
• A strong balance of analytical skills and action orientation to drive sustaining results with intensity, demonstrating the confidence, conviction and collaboration to innovate new strategies and methodologies.
• Excellent technical skills, including demonstrated project management, organization, and planning.
• Demonstrated ability to apply problem solving methodology to understand root cause and implement solutions.
• Willingness and ability to travel domestically (up to 15% of the time).
• Proven strong oral and written communication skills with both senior management and subordinate staff, including direct labor.
• Broad knowledge of P&L, Balance Sheet, NPV/ROI, and foreign exchange, preferred.
• Supply Chain certification (CPIM, CSCMP or comparable), preferred.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join