The Customer Service Representative is responsible for providing service to our customers and clients through the placement and monitoring of orders. Process telephone, mail, email and fax orders; provide pricing, availability, cross-reference, researching & sourcing of products for customers; up-sells best buy/ first choice/and other products as requested; forward potential product leads to sales reps; handle small informal quotes. This position will also respond to post-order customer service requests such as handling customer problems and complaints; returns and communicating anticipated delays. This position requires schedule adherence.
- Complete customer orders, basic or complex in nature, quotes, and inquiries by telephone for existing and prospective customers in the Thermo Fisher Scientific domestic market. Review a variety of screens and documents to estimate delivery of orders to meet customer requirements.
- Process mail, fax, e-mail orders and hard copy quotes. (10 lines or less or up to $5000.00 without supervisory approval).
- Analyze and resolve customer concerns using established procedures. Examine pertinent information to determine validity of customer complaint and to determine responsibility for errors.
- Handle change order information from customers.
- Investigate overdue and damaged shipments or shortages in shipments already received.
- Utilize supplier catalogs, on-line databases, and other appropriate resources to cross reference products to meet customer order requirements. Make suggestions for alternative products when items are not readily available.
- Assist customers with buying decisions: researches product, cross-reference, pricing & availability.
- Suggest alternative products per Best Buy/First Choice Program/and other promotional programs.
- Attend product/vendor/systems meetings to stay up to date on new product lines and current systems.
- Adhere to schedule, including regular and punctual attendance at work
- Meet and exceed productivity and quality standards as set forth by department management.
- Contribute to maintaining company objectives on average speed of answer and first call resolution.
- Perform all other duties/projects as assigned.
- 0 - 2 years customer service experience in an ACD environment.
- High School education required; college degree preferred
- Creative problem solving skills
- Organizational and time management skills
- Excellent listening, oral, and written communication skills
- Excellent product and process knowledge for a specific market
- Solid understanding of computer basics (Windows, Excel, Word, Email, and Internet)
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join