When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
- Demonstrate the ability to work as a team member in a high activity environment
- Using ERP systems receives and stocks parts, counts, picks and delivers and transfers inventory to various locations.
- Accurately manage the physical movement of material stock receipts, inventory transfers, de-trash and put-away within the supermarket warehouse.
- Ensures correct inventory balances and material identification are maintained throughout the process.
- Ensures that inventory locations are clearly identified and maintained and that inventory is continuously aligned with automated inventory records.
- Maintains the identity of material as it moves through the inventory management process.
- Maintains alignment between automated location records on ERP systems and the physical identification of those locations.
- Trains in and carries out documented (ISO9001) procedures regarding material transfers, bin locations, material returns, etc.
- Follows HAZMAT storage policies and procedures.
- Maintains housekeeping per safety training and requirements.
- Support the cycle count program and maintains compliance to corporate financial procedures by driving effective root cause analysis and effective counter measures to improve inventory accuracy.
- Maintain a neat, orderly, well-organized, and safe working environment for logistics areas based on 5 S and OSHA requirements.
- Actively engaged in and support PPI and Lean activities.
- Work with internal and external customer’s in a professional manner
- Other duties as assigned by the Supervisor and Logistics Manager.
These are physical and mental requirements of the position as it is typically performed. Inability to meet one or more of these physical or mental requirements will not automatically disqualify a candidate or employee from the position. Upon request for a reasonable accommodation, the Company may be able to adjust or excuse one or more of these requirements, depending on the requirement, the essential functions to which it relates, and the proposed accommodation.
- A minimum of a High School Education, GED, or equivalent.
- Two to five years’ experience in a shipping, receiving and materials handling in a manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrable proficiency with computers and working knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Office applications or equivalent.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 Lbs.
- Ability to work while standing and sitting (approximately 70 % of the time).
- Good written and verbal skills.
- Basic knowledge of inventory control practices.
- Demonstrates problem solving skills and teamwork.
- Knowledge of ERP systems, knowledge of SAP preferred.
- Experience with forklifts and /or fork lift certification preferred.
- Ability to use or learn how to use the necessary tools to build wood crates and skids.
- Ability to take and pass DOT training and a 40-hour Radiation Safety Course.
- Experience with material handling equipment (hand trucks, high bay storage, etc.).
- Knowledge of inventory control practices preferred.
This position is not approved for relocation assistance.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join