Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
Within in our Analytical Instrument Group, division Chemical Analysis Division we are looking for a EMEA Service Leader driving the Cement, Coal and Minerals business. For our customers, ensure cement product quality, improve plant profitability , operate safer and cleaner.
Cement Analysis, prompt gamma neutron activation analysis (PGNAA) and pulsed fast thermal neutron activation (PFTNA) are non-contact, non-destructive analytical techniques used in online analysis systems to determine the elemental composition of bulk raw materials. Both of these techniques are known collectively as neutron activation analysis and function by bombarding materials with neutrons. For more information visit : https://www.thermofisher.com/nl/en/home/industrial/cement-coal-minerals.html
Back-office based in Erlangen Germany,one of the factories Adelaide Australia.
This role has four key areas of responsibility
- Lead specific product line service teams in EMEA to deliver AOP targets for key metrics.
- Financial – Revenue and Bookings Actively manage the day to day financial results and respond to any adverse trends to ensure quarterly targets are met Identify and lead strategic projects for each product line to drive year on year growth. Attend service review meetings to report on results and deliver action plans to address any shortfalls in results.
- Customer Allegiance Scores (CAS).Develop a team culture focused on delivering customer satisfaction. Actively manage the CAS results to ensure we receive the maximum number for CAS survey responses while meeting the CAS targets. Develop and manage action plans to drive improved results in CAS.
- Deliver on all management responsibilities for the PA service team in EMEA including. Ensure all employees have a well developed PMD including challenging goals, Individual development goals, a career plan and at least two PMD reviews per year.Develop career plans for each employee and actively manage their skill development to ensure their career plans are met. Actively manage the performance of all employees to ensure strong performers are well supported while employees that are not meeting the expectations of the business are performance managed. Develop and manage a plan to grow employee satisfaction to deliver on EIS targets. Actively manage the priorities of all staff to ensure they are focused on key activities. Hold regular 1 on 1 meetings with each employee to share feedback and actively listen to any issues and concerns they have.
- Manage local agents to maximise revenue and customer satisfaction from PA customers in EMEA.
- Direct sales of PSA’s and large spare parts orders.
- Develop and provide quotations to PA quotations for PSA’s and large spare parts orders.
- Develop a robust follow up process to maximize the hit rate from quotes. Minimum Qualifications & knowledge.
- A strong understanding of industrial markets
- Principles of effective team management
- A strong understanding of commercial and business strategy
- Experience managing agents to deliver service
Preferred Qualifications & knowledge:
• MBA or equivalent
• Demonstrated ability to lead a service team to deliver on key growth metrics
• Demonstrated ability to manage a team including managing performance, delivering employee satisfaction and developing successful careers for your team
• Proven track record in identifying new business opportunities and growing revenue and profitability within an industrial
• Ability to set and achieve goals, manage time, tasks and risks, meet deadlines and manage heavy workloads.
• Demonstrated strong customer focus.
• Demonstrated ability to meet bookings targets through direct sales.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join