When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work. Surrounded by collaborative colleagues, you’ll have the support and opportunities that only a global leader can give you. Our respected, growing organization has an exceptional strategy for the near term and beyond. Take your place on our strong team, and help us make significant contributions to the world.
Under limited supervision, this individual will plan and procure production materials, equipment and maintenance supplies as well as perform varied assignments to procure supplies, raw materials, equipment and services necessary for the operation of the organization. Following established procedures, practices and policies, you will obtain quotations, evaluate proposals, award purchase orders and expedite delivery of goods and services.
- Spend time planning, scheduling, and monitoring materials into production.
- Plan material requirements to support inventory and sourcing objectives.
- Collaborate with Engineering, Manufacturing, Quality Assurance and vendors to identify and realize improvements in quality, delivery and price is essential.
- Provide input to management regarding problems such as shortages, design changes, backlogs, and the like will be a top priority in this role.
- Assist in developing and improving materials management procedures and continuously working toward developing an improved supplier base.
- Conduct internal and vendor audits is also a part of this role.
- Other miscellaneous duties as assigned.
Minimum Requirements and/or Qualifications:
- Knowledge of purchasing practices (including methods of establishing costs, selling prices, and terms and general knowledge of business law relative to procurement practices) as well as knowledge of planning practices (including inventory management, job scheduling and demand flow theory) are a must in this Buyer/Planner position.
- 3+ years equivalent experience in purchasing or material/production planning and scheduling.
- The ability to understand and analyze Bills of Materials, Master Schedules and excess and obsolete inventory.
- The ability to collect, analyze and summarize information and trends.
- Knowledge of materials and sources of supply to make purchases at a price consistent with quality and quantity is also a must.
- Proficient in MS Office software and ERP systems.
- Minimal travel required for this position.
- Demonstrated proficiency of Thermo Fisher Scientific values – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or a related field from an accredited institution is required.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join