When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Independently performs, verifies, and provides feedback on complex and varied services (registration, delivery, pick-up, and tracking of hazardous materials) for a varied client base.
- Execution of the Chemical Dispensary Program:
- Interact with Chemical Gatekeepers to locate and pick requested chemicals for onsite order fulfillment
- Coordinate directly with clients to arrange for face-to-face delivery of selected critical chemicals / perishables
- Perform delivery and tracking of incoming chemical packages within a laboratory environment
- Maintain visibility with scientists to provide customer service to identify needs
- Create, review, and maintain various data log sheets (i.e., Delivery Tracking, Time Logs, Issues Log, etc)
- Provide Chemical Operations Support:
- Perform periodic receipt, registration and transfer of chemicals in the chemical database
- Maintain / Replenish the inventory of chemicals within various chemical stockrooms
- Perform monthly Lab Audits of selected areas to measure database location accuracy
- Perform monthly PM testing of database hardware as directed (i.e., scanners/tablets), to ensure data transfer
- Pickup of hazardous waste as directed
- Ordering of stockroom and office supplies as needed
- Assist with various Chem Mgmt periodic projects as required
- Provide General ULS Support:
- Perform Area Audits of cross-functional areas within ULS as directed
- Participate and contribute to ULS Practical Process Improvement (PPI) activities
- Generate Safety Observations as appropriate
- Must possess a High School Diploma and preferably an Associate’s degree
- Must be able to read, write and speak English.
- Displays a high level of confidentiality for both customer and Thermo Fisher.
- Must maintain Thermo Fisher Scientifics’ Four-I Values.
- Experience in laboratory setting or services preferred; experience in GLP/GMP environment preferred
- Proven excellence in customer service skills.
- Detail oriented, problem solver, promotes team environment.
- Computer/software skills. (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Must possess strong customer service and communication skills
- Works primarily at customer locations, in office environment to include cubicles and/or in and around shipping/receiving docks, stock rooms, storage locations and laboratory environments.
- May be required to work independently at customer location.
- Extensive walking may be required.
- May pass through areas where chemical based allergens may be in use (such as penicillin, tetracycline, etc).
- Must be able to lift, push and pull 30-40 pounds consistently; may be required to lift 50 lbs.
- May be able to use material handling equipment such as push carts, hand trucks, and pallet jacks.
- Depending on area of building, personal protective equipment may be worn to include lab coats, coveralls, hood, facemask, hairnets and/or safety gloves.
- Some areas require steel toe shoes, bump hats and/or safety glasses.
- Must be able to work hours required to get the job done.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join