- Support purchase of lab supplies and consumables outside of ULS managed stockroom and POUs by entering order requests into SAP for processing by Global Procurement and by placing purchase card or non-PO orders via internet or phone.
- Facilitate capital application workflow
- Provide order tracking and status support to scientific staff.
- Maintain receipts and create Concur reports as part of purchase card order workflow
- Perform coding of invoices within SAP
- Manage Research Operations Outlook inbox
- Provide archive support of regulated and non-regulated documents
- Offer tactical support for special projects and initiatives undertaken by Research Business Management
- May facilitate entry of legal documents into legal review management system
- Must have experience with SAP, Concur, Outlook, Excel, Word, and Smartsheets
- Bachelor’s Degree or 1-3 years experience working in Financial or Accounting environment .An ideal candidate will possess excellent academic credentials, technical foundation in accounting, as well as broad business and operational finance capabilities.
- The successful candidate will be a well-rounded Business analyst with an operational focus. .
- The successful candidate will also have good overall business understanding to develop solutions to broad business issues.
- Superior quantitative and analytical capabilities with Advanced Excel and Powerpoint skills; Strong financial systems capabilities specifically with SAP.
- Must be able to work well under pressure, handling multiple tasks in a complex environment and competing timelines.
- Should have strong written, oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize workload independently and strong commitment to deliver in a fast paced environment with high quality work.
- The successful candidate is bright, personable, highly ethical and thrives in a collaborative environment.
- Believes in and demands accountability.
- High level of energy and intensity; can bring a passion to excel.
- Strong drive to standardize and streamline processes
- He/she has excellent, open, and proactive communication capabilities, identifying and addressing issues via an open, candid dialog.
- Strong communication skills
- Track record of developing meaningful relationships at all levels within an organization – at both the business unit and divisional level.
- Engaged, field-oriented analyst, who values frequent interactions and dialog with manager, and peers
- Able to energize and influence a wide spectrum of people, including financial, commercial and operational professionals.
- Assertive, yet collaborative in approach.
- Possess a strong set of personal and business values that coincide with those of the 4I’s (Integrity, Intensity, Innovation & Involvement).
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 55,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join