Group: Life Sciences Solutions Group
Division: LSG Commercial
Business Unit: Commercial Global Service, Support, & Customer Service
Band: - 7
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The senior project manager is responsible for all assigned projects and ensures successful on-time, on-budget delivery of these projects. This includes tracking to completion the scope, timelines, progress, measuring outcomes and ensuring sustainability plans. Collaboration with all internal departments / divisions and vendors to ensure proper alignment to project strategy, budget and objectives is key. Working with regional teams to identify productivity savings initiatives / projects to continuously drive process improvements within Global Services and Support.
- Accountable for the success of large strategic projects of high complexity that engage resources across more than two regions at a high level.
- Identify, develop, and lead global and regional projects around improvement, global standardization, and efficiency in processes, systems, and reporting across the functions and regions.
- Identify and understand the key factors that drive the business and provide the best customer experience, define requirements, and lead teams to incorporate them into the processes, systems, and reporting in such a way as to produce actionable information.
- Manage project development from initiation to closure, through all stages of the business gate process
- Be accountable for project results, including project quality and schedule integrity
- Determine, communicate, and manage all elements of project charter, including scope, goals, deliverables, required resources, budget and timing
- Assess project issues and help identify solutions to ensure project stays on track
- Conduct regular status meetings with stakeholders, keeping stakeholders needs and requirements in mind
- Organize and facilitate project planning, daily meetings, reviews etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Project Management or related field of study.
- 3+ years of experience in project management, business administration, or business related field
- Ability to think strategically about business strategies, process, and priorities.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to translate and communicate technical information to non-technical internal customers.
- Must be able to work effectively as a member of a Team and in a matrix reporting environment.
- Ability to organize, disseminate information efficiently and set expectations.
- Ability to multi-task and work with cross-functional teams in a very fast- paced environment.
- Strong time management skills, prioritization abilities and ability to “take ownership of issues and tasks”.
- Must be self-confident, assertive, and self-motivated with ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Understanding of IT systems including Cognos/EDW, SAP Business Objects, JDEdwards E1, SAP, Siebel, etc.
- Process Improvement Experience, PPI, Six Sigma or Project Management certifications
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join