The Product Lifecycle Manager - Sectioning Products is responsible for the strategic marketing across the life cycle of our sectioning products, developed and manufactured in all AP-sites. This person will own the product line strategy and development road map and works with customer groups, the commercial organizations, operations, and R&D to specify and bring to market the next generation of instruments. You will lead the global commercialization of new products, leading the price definition, developing the position, crafting the go-to-market strategy and working across departments to ensure a smooth roll-out. Furthermore, he/she is responsible for the verification and validation of new products prior to launch and for leading the Post-Launch Support Teams until new products are well-established in the global markets. In addition this person maintains the competitiveness of the product line through proactive portfolio management, rationalizing the portfolio of low-value products and working with the engineering teams to expand the feature-set of existing products to increase competitiveness. The Product Lifecycle Manager acts as the “product champion”, and as such develops close business relationships with opinion leaders and respective counterparts in the various manufacturing and development site departments of manufacturing, engineering, quality, sourcing, finance, and commercial operations.
- Life cycle Management of sectioning instruments and related consumables within the AP division (i.e. specification, launch, growth, maturity and elimination)
- Definition of product line strategy and road map
- Responsibility for profitability of the product line as “hub” within the organization
- Develops pricing, product positioning and key product sales message in preparation for the launch of new products
- Development of business cases for new product development and obtains alignment between the R&D and commercial organizations
- Analysis and evaluation of competitive position of product line in the market
- Creation of market-driven product specifications, including, voice of the customer analysis (VoC), NPV assessment, pricing and cost targets
- Selection, implementation and documentation of beta test sites for new products
- Leadership of Commercialization teams for new products
- Represents Marketing & Commercial organizations in product development teams
- Defines and is responsible for end-of-life management of products out of the portfolio
- Development of scientific literature and tools to support product position
- Works closely with the commercial marketing teams to develop accurate market data and competitive positions
- Bachelors Degree in business, marketing, or communications
- 5+ years of experience in product life cycle management
- Proven experience of writing compelling business cases fro new product development
- Possesses excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Proven presentation, communication and analytical skills are required.
- Strong analytical and computer skills.
- Must be a motivated, enthusiastic self-starter able to work effectively in a team environment and independently.
- Demonstrates deep understanding of customers’ business that results in win-win solutions. Demonstrates personal and professional leadership.
- Must be willing to travel at least 40% of time, depending upon the need.
- Previous marketing experience in the pathology segment is desirable.
- Project management experience is a plus
- Knowledge and experience of international markets is highly desirable.
This position is not approved for relocation assistance.
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The Anatomical Pathology Division (APD) provides laboratories with the broadest portfolio of instrument and consumable solutions, from specimen collection and grossing to advanced staining and cover slipping. The Division generates $400MM in annual revenue and has 1,500 employees in 13 countries. The anatomical pathology product line includes Richard Allan Scientific, Erie Scientific, Microm, Shandon, and Lab Vision.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join