Position Title: Electrical/Software Engineering Intern
Your college experience is fun. Your work experience should be thrilling. Make life an adventure. Join more than 50,000 people dedicated to enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
As an intern with Thermo Fisher Scientific, you will have the opportunity to put your education to use by taking on real-world projects and assignments. Working side-by-side with dynamic and passionate teams, you will gain experience and mentorship that will help prepare you for your future career.
The Electrical / Software engineering intern will be exposed to learning the control system used by our Controlled Temperature Technology products and understanding that quality and reliability of our systems are essential and key in our industry. Through these understandings, they will undergo both functional, and reliability tests in simulation, bench and system testing including creating and updating test plans. The accuracy of the test results will be reviewed in peer review through the senior engineer teams.
- Current student in an accredited bachelor’s degree program with a minimum of one term remaining to complete degree
- Major in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science preferred
- Basic Knowledge of circuit design, oscilloscope and spectrum analyzer are required.
- Some computer programming and scripting language exposure is desired.
- Some engineering modeling (LT Spice, TINA-TI) is a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Creative self-starter with the ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join