Position Title: Mechanical/Thermal Engineering Intern
Your college experience is fun. Your work experience should be thrilling. Make life an adventure. Join more than 50,000 people dedicated to enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
As an intern with Thermo Fisher Scientific, you will have the opportunity to put your education to use by taking on real-world projects and assignments. Working side-by-side with dynamic and passionate teams, you will gain experience and mentorship that will help prepare you for your future career.
The mechanical/thermal engineering intern will provide assistance to the engineering community in the form of performing tests on thermodynamic cooling systems (including the refrigeration and mechanical systems), developing product test procedures, developing physical prototypes and test fixtures, and verifying the accuracy of engineering documentation under the supervision of the senior engineering team.
- Current student in an accredited bachelor’s degree program
- Major in engineering or physics preferred
- Basic mechanical knowledge (forces, use of shop tools, etc) required.
- Some heat transfer/fluid dynamics (or refrigeration) background is a plus
- Some engineering modeling (Matlab, EES, excel) is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Creative self-starter with the ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join