Unity Lab Services (ULS), a part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, provides integrated solutions, instruments, and enterprise services to our customers. This Field Service Representative is responsible for managing all aspects of field service support and customer relationship management. The successful candidate will provide complete services on IC and LC chromatography, ICP and ICP-MS systems including installation, repairs, preventative maintenance, and instrument qualifications. Our ideal candidate will be customer oriented, an advocate for Thermo Fisher Scientific in customer laboratories, and be eager to drive growth.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform on-site installation, repair, maintenance, qualification, and validation
- Must be client-focused, working in conjunction with other ULS teams and Sales
- Must be proficient with the use of customer management software to track service calls, manage parts inventories, and complete job tasks
- Reviews reports and documentation from customers, and inspects malfunctioning product to determine nature and scope of problem
- Analyzes review and inspection findings to determine source of problem, and recommends repair, replacement, or other corrective action
- Coordinates problem resolution with engineering, customer service, and other personnel to expedite repairs
- Analyzes reports of technical problems to recommend modifications to eliminate future problems
- Provides a communication link between the customer and the company to help ensure that effective service is provided to the customer
- Develops and conducts familiarization on the safe operations of the equipment and demonstrates skills to trainees, including both team members and customers
- Other duties may be assigned
Education and/or Experience requirements:
- Customer Service excellence in a fix the customer then fix the instrument environment
- Bachelors Degree in Chemistry, Sciences or related field
- 3 years hands-on experience as a Service Representative is preferred, particularly working with analytical instrumentation or 3+ years relevant industry experience
- Effective communication skills and establishing good customer rapport are essential
- Ability to prioritize service requests and produce clear and concise documentation
- Must be available to travel overnight up to 60% within the territory or other areas as required
Location: This is a remote position in Canada that can be based out of Manitoba or Saskatchewan. The territory primarily covers Manitoba, Saskatchewan and some additional national travel is required.
This position is not eligible for relocation.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join