When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
We are seeking for a self-motivated candidate with multi-disciplinary experiences and skills for portable analytical instruments development. Thermo Fisher Portable analyzer group has been on the forefront of bringing such analytical instruments to the market in the past few years. Our portable instrument portfolio includes XRF, Raman, LIBS, FTIR and NIR. This individual can work with and adapt the existing products to expand our market reach. Alternatively, he/she can explore new technologies to expand our instrument portfolio for various new applications.
For our products and services, please visit www.thermoscientific.com/pai.
Experience and skills Requirements:
- Deep knowledge and practice in semiconductor and solid state laser physics and engineering; including external cavity laser engineering, high power laser technology, active and passive Q-switch laser engineering and harmonics generations.
- Industrial experiences in laser engineering for spectroscopic applications.
- Experiences in component level as well as system level engineering to design state-of-the-art portable analytical analyzers.
- Experiences in various spectroscopy techniques such as Raman, FTIR, transmission, absorption and reflection techniques from UV to Mid IR.
- Capable of adapting the existing products to other adjacent applications, such as to biomedical or biological applications.
- Capable of expand to other handheld product portfolio for analytical analysis.
- Excellence in problem solving skills with hands-on approach attitudes.
- A good understanding of other engineering disciplines (mechanical, electrical, optical) and demonstrated ability to interface with those engineers in a team environment.
- MS with 3+ years relevant experience or Ph.D in EE, ME, or related field with specific skills sets in solid state laser engineering is essential.
- Other desirable experiences include optical and mechanical engineering, electronics, embedded software and firmware technology as well as advanced data processing and chemo-metrics techniques.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join