When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The Supplier Quality Engineer (SQE) is responsible for coordinating suppliers and verifying quality standards in accordance with Thermo Fisher CDD requirements. The Engineer is responsible for managing the supplier qualification and maintenance process, serve as the liaison for suppliers, suggest structural quality and process improvements, and collaborate with other engineers in a team environment.
- Assist in the evaluation and qualification of new suppliers.
- Approve suppliers according to Thermo Fisher CDD sourcing process.
- Champion problem solving and root cause analysis activities with suppliers and customers to eliminate recurrence of non‐conformances.
- Perform supplier audits and develop long‐term supplier relationships.
- Establish continuous improvements and supplier development programs at respective suppliers and follow up corrective actions and results of those programs.
- Distribute, document and follow through on completion Notifications of Change received from suppliers to ensure they are adequately assessed for impact and processed in a timely manner.
- Draft and negotiate the terms of Supplier Change Notifications and Quality Agreements with suppliers.
- Maintain, retain and track supplier records.
- Work with Purchasing to report supplier performance and quality to management and support an escalation path in case of ongoing supplier quality issues, ongoing poor supplier rating and uncooperative suppliers.
- Report to management on supplier metrics.
- Other duties as assigned, for example supporting the internal and external audit program.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a Quality or Engineering discipline and minimum of 5 years experience in Quality Engineering / Medical Device / Biologics / Pharma / diagnostics and/or other FDA regulated industry experience.
- QSR/ISO knowledge.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Good written and oral communication.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Proficiency with MS Office, and databases.
- Auditing experience.
- Must have excellent track record of working cross functionally and ability to think strategically.
- Certified Lead Auditor experience is preferred.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 55,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join