|As the world’s leader in serving science, Thermo Fisher Scientific is a driving force in the research, healthcare, industrial and applied markets, generating more than $20B in annual revenue. No other company can match our range of customer touch points – technologically, geographically or commercially. We help our customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment, making sure our food is safe and moving forward with thousands of important projects that improve millions of lives. |
Driven by our goal oriented team of lab experts, the Microbiology Division (MBD) is a trusted supplier of a broad range of high quality media and diagnostic products used in clinical, industrial, research, and academic laboratories. For over 30 years, the group consisting of over 2,000 employees has been highly dedicated to microbiology and provided superior product performance and expert, responsive customer support to laboratories nationwide.
Our Inside Sales Representative is responsible for lead generation and customer conversion for the instrument, consumables and microscope slide businesses that comprise our Anatomical Pathology Division. The representative will contact customers primarily by telephone; but also use email, internet, and other technology to drive conversion within a defined territory. The Inside Sales Representative is responsible for serving customers engaged in the clinical and research markets. The Inside Sales Representative maintains effective customer relations, develops opportunities for growth and increases market penetration while achieving sales and profit targets.
This role offers the opportunity to spend time with business leaders through all functions in order to gain a full understanding of the business. This individual would have the potential to develop into a Territory Account Manager role with a requirement to relocate personal residence to the territory in which Company needs representation.
- Manage targeted customer calls, quote inquires, product inquiries, documentation requirements to further the growth of the entire portfolio.
- Independently make decisions, but also utilize available resources to meet customer needs and work effectively in a coordinated effort with cross-functional sales team composed of Territory Account Managers and Regional Sales Managers
- Develop and execute sales strategies and plans to expand business within assigned territory; Maintain a pipeline of opportunities to meet or exceed sales growth objectives
- Perform sales calls and vendor relations with all customers and potential customers in the assigned territory primarily by phone, but face-to-face customer meetings may be required
- Develop and maintain effective customer relations with key decision makers such as purchasing and end users within assigned territory
- Negotiation skills to determine competitive pricing
- Research competitor and industry activity and keep informed of new products/services and other general information of interest to customers incorporating this data in the business plan; Introduces new products and services
- Manage pricing within territory to control profitability
- Maintain accurate reporting, records, and files necessary for proper management of territory
- Communicate with supervisor any customer issues or potential problems; perform other tasks assigned by manager
- Positively represent Thermo Fisher Scientific at all times throughout customer locations
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in the sciences or business management, or equivalent work experience
- 1 year of sales experience, preferably in the healthcare industry
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication, and presentation skills
- Proven record of establishing goals and achieving results
- Computer proficiency in MS Office and the internet
- Must possess a strong desire to serve the customer
- Must deliver excellent customer service
- Must possess the organizational skills to multi-task and meet deadlines as needed
- Must be willing to travel to customer locations, if needed
- Demonstrates the Thermo Fisher values (The Four I’s) – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation, and Involvement
- Willingness and availability to relocate personal residence to a sales territory within the continental United States that meets the strategic objectives of the Company.
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join