When you are part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you will do important work, and you will be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you will find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Our Laboratory Chemical Division is currently looking for a 2nd Shift Machine Operator for our Bridgewater, NJ facility.
- Performs varied maintenance and minor repair work to keep the mechanical Filling Units and Packaging Equipment in good working condition. Required to work in a safe manner and under a minimum of supervision. Work requires knowledge of the purpose, construction, and assembly of the machinery and equipment and mechanical ability. Must participate in necessary training and successfully demonstrate the ability to operate the equipment.
- May work as a Chemical Packager (Filler) when required. The chemical packager is responsible for weighing, filling, labeling and sealing of various chemical materials. Responsibilities can include: monitoring the fill equipment during operation, loading/unloading product, assuring product is properly sealed, labeled and quarantined as required, daily cleaning, maintaining fill area and equipment.
- Responsible for the care and condition of any assigned company tools and equipment. Will perform all other duties as may apply to the existing job description.
- Examines machinery or equipment; determines and performs cleaning and minor repairs.
- Performs quality checks as instructed and records data as required. Executes changeovers of the packaging lines, often in conjunction with the machine mechanic, and makes operating adjustments as needed throughout the packaging line runs. Responsible for working safely and for producing quality products. Is expected to do all possible to minimize downtime and material losses. Keeps work area clean. Performs, as required, other duties incidental to the position.
- This is the 2nd Shift position. Hours are from 3:30-12:00pm
- The successful candidate will have basic mechanical aptitude and able to work with hand tools and gauges. Effective verbal and written communication skills including detail orientation and accuracy in documentation is required.
- Knowledge of safety standards is desirable.
- Candidate must be comfortable working in an environment with hazardous and non-hazardous materials.
- Previous experience in a chemical environment in preferred.
- A high school diploma or GED
- Ability to lift 40 lbs with or without accommodations and the ability to work alternately in a seated or standing position is required.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join