When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Please note: This position is a full time temporary position for a new project. Some travel may be required.
Position Summary: The Quality Control Technician performs laboratory analysis on products for the purpose of:
1. Releasing product
2. Assessing stability
3. Facilitating complaint investigation
4. Effecting raw material release
5. Facilitating value assignments
6. Supporting Advanced Manufacturing and other technical service groups
- Prepares samples for testing and tests and releases product in accordance with written test procedures. Schedules testing to meet department and plant commitments.
- Troubleshoots test procedures and/or equipment when problems arise.
- Evaluates analytical results and determines conformance to specification; must be able to detect deviations and out of specifications events.
- Maintains instrumentation/equipment in accordance with manufacturer’s labeling and in-house audit and calibration procedures.
- Maintains records and logs in accordance with procedures and GMP.
- Assists in training laboratory personnel on lab procedures and operations of instrumentation and equipment.
- Maintains working laboratory inventory.
- Other laboratory functions as deemed necessary to support the business needs of the company.
Associates degree in Biology, Chemistry, Medical Technology or related field and two years laboratory experience. Required area of experience in Analytical Chemistry, Immunoassay, Hematology, Coagulation, Microbiology or Clinical Chemistry. BS or BA degree in Biology, Chemistry, Medical Technology or related field with one year or less of laboratory experience. Required area of experience in Analytical Chemistry, Immunoassay, Hematology, Coagulation, Microbiology or Clinical Chemistry
• Normal laboratory/office environment.
• Position may require frequent communication and walking to other areas in which designated PPE will be required.
• Position will require sitting and standing.
• Employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 45 pounds.
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
• Experience in one or more of the following: Analytical Chemistry, Immunoassay, Hematology, Coagulation, Microbiology, or Clinical Chemistry.
• Ability to organize work effectively to meet scheduling commitments.
• Ability to troubleshoot problems with limited assistance.
• Must be flexible and able to work overtime
• Ability to interact with all departments and occasional contact with outside sources
• Knowledge of GMP and ISO requirements
• Microsoft Office (Word and Excel) required.
This position is not eligible for relocation benefits.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join