Job Title: Senior Manager Practical Process Improvement (PPI) Business System
Requisition ID: 56338BR
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
To educate, implement and enable a continuous improvement culture across the business using the Practical Process Improvement (PPI) Business System which includes the PPI 8-step problem solving methodology and Lean principles.
- In conjunction with the PPI, identify, research, develop and implement Lean tools and methods that follow the methodology; Lean Leadership, Value Stream Mapping, Kaizen Blitz, Cell Design, Material Flow, 5S + Visual Management, Lean Sourcing, etc.
- Conduct leadership and employee team training
- Provide ongoing Lean support to multiple teams at multiple facilities
- Provide ‘Sensei-type’ coaching to facility leadership, employees and representatives to develop their Lean expertise over time
- Work closely with business leadership, site lean core teams, PPI steering committees
- Identify ways to accelerate the culture change necessary to support
- Challenge organizational leaders as necessary to create an action-biased culture of continuous improvement and accountability to improve their KPI’s, including growth, productivity, inventory, and customer allegiance
- Work with the Director, PPI to create and communicate ongoing PPI Business System strategy, aligned with Thermo Fisher’s Mission and Vision
- Identify best practices within the company, and outside of Thermo Fisher, and serve as a conduit for best-practice sharing. Proliferate PPI and Lean thinking throughout the organization
- May periodically be assigned specific projects across the company, which align with the company’s goal tree objectives and strategic plan
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, science, operations or business
- A ‘Lean guru’ with a 10+ year, hands-on track record of implementing successful TPS-based Lean programs with value-stream mapping and follow-up kaizen blitz events, focusing on cell design, material flow, 5S, visual factory, Lean in the office, Lean sourcing, etc.
- Experience coaching alignment between strategic business plans and lean improvement plans, (i.e. Strategic A3’s)
- Formal lean training and comprehensive knowledge of Lean and continuous improvement methodologies and tools
- Passion for driving business improvement and leading change in a large, complex, global environment
- Proven track record for developing, training, and coaching employee teams in a continuous improvement environment
- Experience acting as a Lean Sensei for facility leadership and key representatives
- Operations leadership experience with proven results
- Supply chain background
- Great communicator, including accomplished written, oral and presentational skills
- Comfortable and capable communicating at all levels of the organization
- Detail oriented with the ability to see bigger picture and envision step-change scenarios
- Broad knowledge of multi-functional, multi-site, global organizational processes and financial business methods
- High ethical standards to support a professional business code of conduct
- Able to travel domestically and internationally
- Broad leadership roles from disciplines such as engineering, quality, or product management, preferred
- Strong background in supply chain management in a Lean environment, preferred
- Experience with continuous improvement programs outside of manufacturing operations, preferred
- Worked in the Toyota Production System (TPS), Danaher Business System (DBS), or other recognized Lean business system, preferred
- Fortune 500 experience, preferred
- MBA degree, preferred
This position is not approve for relocation assistance
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join