ey Role Responsibilities and Authorities:
- Responsible for all aspects involved in the direct supervision of the shift.
- Oversee the shipment of materials and/or finished goods in a timely manner according to customer requirements. Plans and coordinates space, materials, and manpower to meet operational needs. Coordinate the development and preparation of reports and other communication materials to keep customers informed of the status of shipments.
- Responsible for all quality, picking and packing of products throughout distribution.
- Responsible for inspecting products to verify conformance to final shipping specifications.
- Establish and/or adjust priorities to meet distribution schedules.
- Recommend measures to improve distribution processes and equipment while keeping quality of product in mind.
- Suggests changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency within distribution.
- Maintain metrics to measure performance of distribution operations and report on a regular basis.
- Confer with other supervisors to coordinate activities between shifts.
- Provide technical direction to personnel.
- Assist in managing costs, and cost improvements within operations.
- Set an example for effective communication within and outside the department.
- Working knowledge of business computer software required and logistics related applications desired. Previous warehouse experience a PLUS, E-1, SAP, or similar Warehouse Management system experience a PLUS, experience with automation a PLUS.
- Analyze distribution schedules and estimate hours and other requirements for completion of job assignment in a timely manner.
- Enforce company and departmental policies and safety regulations for assigned workers.
- Analyze and resolve work problems, and/or assist personnel in solving work problems.
- Initiate, suggest and implement strategies to motivate workers to achieve work goals.
- Be able to perform all activities of personnel supervised.
- Lead and/or participate in special projects requiring research and/or coordination of special services related to the receiving, shipping, and inventory control of goods.
- Participate in planning of budgets, facilities, capital equipment, departmental policies, inventory, and distribution schedules.
- Participate in departmental and interdepartmental projects.
- Provide mentoring, coaching, performance reviews, and career development for subordinates.
- Initiate changes, write, edit and develop new and existing protocols.
- Ensure all documentation is completely filled out and accurate.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education/Experience Requirements:
- Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Preferable Skills and Attributes:
- Demonstrates strong leadership skills
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, MS Word, and SAP/E1 software.
- Is consistent, dependable and accurate in carrying out responsibilities
- Displays positive attitude toward job and others
- Capable of formulating goals and plans of action for themselves and the group
- Technically competent and knowledgeable in area of specialty
- Strong Supervisory skills
- Follows and provides direction accurately and efficiently
- Excellent documentation and communication skills
- Effective interdepartmental communication and interaction
- Maintains personal composure in high stress situations
- Trains Subordinates and develops training program for the group
- Capable of writing and directing performance appraisals towards the self-improvement of employees
- Capable of handling sensitive situations with confidence
- Is cooperative and open-minded when working with others
- Possesses a strong knowledge of computer fundamentals
- Adaptable to change in a high growth environment
- Personable and perpetuates a can-do attitude
If a job can readily be modified for a physical handicap, "None" is selected. Otherwise, the level to which a physical ability is necessary is defined:
How much on-the-job time is spent in the following physical activities? Works in a warehouse environment and may operate under various temperatures including room temperature (59–86 degrees F), cold-room (36-46 degrees F), and/or freezer-room (minus 4 – 23 degrees F).
How Performance Will Be Measured and Evaluated:
- Ability to meet goals and responsibilities according to job description and as determined and assessed by the direct supervisor.
- The direct supervisor may utilize feedback on their employee’s performance from the employee’s peers, coworkers and/or from other departmental supervisors (360 reviews).
- Following and abiding by Rules of conduct as outlined in Ambion employee handbook
- Attention to detail in carrying out job duties and responsibilities
- Periodic discussions throughout the year.
- Annual performance evaluations