Maintain a high quality of service to internal and external customers by assuring uninterrupted supply of materials to meet production and customer demand. This includes supplier selection and order placement and management, with emphasis on cost and lead time reduction. Manage suppliers to ensure product quality, delivery and cost requirements are met.
- Utilize MRP to plan the procurement of materials to ensure the best possible material availability for production and service requirements while controlling inventory levels.
- Manage purchase orders by implementing the appropriate actions in the supply chain as driven by changes in the production schedule (expedite, defer, cancel, etc).
- Communicate and coordinate any schedule changes with Planning, Sales, Customers Service and Production.
- Control the levels of inventory on an assigned group of parts/products by ensuring planning parameters are accurately maintained in the ERP system. This includes cost, lead time, safety stock, and minimum and multiple quantities.
- Identify and implement inventory control and inventory reduction initiatives utilizing techniques such as Vendor Managed Inventory, KanBan, Bin Systems, Just-In-Time and Demand Flow to increase inventory turnover.
- Investigate and recommend new sources of supply that provide maximum value by delivering quality goods on time and at a low cost.
- Establish and maintain rapport and business association with suppliers and potential suppliers through interviews and supplier visits.
- Responsible for supplier management from tactical day-to-day ordering, to performance reporting and corrective action as required.
- Resolve material non-conformances and ensure financial recovery where appropriate.
- Provide support to the Strategic Sourcing Team an related initiatives (HLA/TLA, subcontract manufacturing, LCR, New Product Development projects).
- Work with Corporate Finance and suppliers to resolve invoice issues in a timely manner.
- Identify cost reduction opportunities available by employing techniques of price/cost analysis, negotiations, strategic sourcing and value engineering.
- Drive, support and participate in Lean Initiatives through process performance improvements as a way of working.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
- C.P.M. or CPSM certification or equivalent a plus.
- 3 to 5 years buying/planning experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of MAPICS a plus.
- Understanding of manufacturing processes and how cost impacts the overall business.
- Enhanced ERP and PC knowledge and skill sets utilizing Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) products.
- Experience with lean manufacturing business systems that include Kan Ban and VOMI programs.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Less than 5% travel.
- Action Oriented - Possesses a high energy level and understand the need for speed and agility in accomplishing tasks within ones area of responsibility.
- Organized – Completes and manages daily tasks and projects in a systematic and orderly manner. Works efficiently and effectively utilizes their time.
- Problem Solving - Uses data, logic and methods to solve problems with effective solutions and minimizes the impact of emotion and personal interest in decision making.
- Business Acumen - Knowledgeable in current and possible future practices, trends, and technology related to purchasing, inventory and supply chain management.
- Customer Focus - Exemplifies dedication to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers.
- Negotiating - Understands the dynamics of negotiation with the ultimate goal of achieving the highest value outcome for both parties, while being able to recognize when an agreement should not be made.
- Drive for Results - Consistently hits the goals and objectives set while always focusing on driving towards stretch goals.
- Adaptability: Flexible, adjusts readily to new situations and changing priorities while effectively dealing with ambiguity, stress and uncertainty.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join