When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The Materials Planner III is responsible for planning all aspects of production using a MRPII Database. The individual will perform supply planning for assigned products to meet on-time delivery targets and customer service goals while optimizing inventory investment and maximize production efficiency. This position will require complex analysis of data to determine the most cost effective, optimal production schedule that Manufacturing can successfully execute to.
- Responsible for key performance indicators such as on-time delivery, maintaining SS levels of products and internal raw material shortages levels.
- Maintenance of MRP master data parameters for established products and new product transfers to ensure accurate signals for quantity and dates generated by MRP (i.e. production lead times, lot sizing, and safety stock) to minimize excess inventory.
- Implement material master changes, product structures, BOMs and PCO’s into production process as required.
- Recalculate orders and requirements as needed by analyzing trends in demand, changes in lead time, minimum order quantities, standard batch sizes and safety stock levels.
- Follow up on open orders and partial shipments and expedite as required.
- Attend daily management stand -up meetings and provide regular and timely status updates on planning and production issues impacting replenishment to management.
- Partner effectively with external departments including Demand Planning, Customer Service, R&D, PMO, QC/QA, Marketing, Manufacturing, Logistics to resolve issues impacting areas of responsibility.
- Identify and proactively communicate inventory stock level risks to Marketing/OEM Customer service teams.
- Interface with manufacturing managers/supervisors to coordinate and prioritize product availability to support customer service efforts.
- Oversees the material planning aspects of new product launches, rebranding, specification changes to products.
- Analyze root causes of stock outs and work with cross-functional teams to implement corrective and preventive measures.
- Responsible for ISO and QSR compliance and improvement initiatives within reporting department.
- Provide coaching, mentoring and support to other planners.
- Other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree with a focus on Business, Supply Chain Management, Math, Engineering, or Logistics is preferred. Equivalent relevant experience can be considered in lieu of degree. APICS certification is preferred.
- 5 - 7 years of planning, purchasing, inventory or combined experience is required.
- QAD/SAP experience is preferred. Must have 3 years working with ERP systems.
- Strong proficiency with Excel and MS Office.
- Experience with MRP replenishment process and level loading planning a plus.
- Possess strong analytical and quantitative skills and excellent communication (written and verbal) skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and initiatives and while maintaining a strong sense of urgency.
- Strong product knowledge is a plus.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 55,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join