Job Title: Technical Sales Specialist
Location: Must be located within the greater Boston, MA or Cambridge, MA area
Territory: New England States
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Responsible for sales and related support activities for Thermo Scientific Antibodies and Immunoassays Systems products to specified academic, government or industrial accounts comprising the assigned territory: New England States (Candidate must be based in Boston or Cambridge, MA area).
The Antibodies and Immunoassays Systems portfolio contains innovative, high quality reagents to researchers worldwide that empower the process of scientific discovery with a strong focus on the areas of cellular immunity, immunotherapy and oncology. Our extensive portfolio of leading edge cell analysis products and technologies focused on flow cytometry and immunodetection position our customers to be at the forefront of science. With the inclusion of branched DNA technology in our portfolio, we now give our customers the ability to simultaneously detect both protein and RNA at the single cell level by flow cytometry using our PrimeFlow™ assay and by microscopy use our ViewRNA™ cell assays. Our QuantiGene® Plex assay uses Luminex® technology coupled with branched DNA to allow the quantitation of up to 80 genes in a single well from a sample lysate with no enzyme based amplification. The ProcartaPlex portfolio, supported by this role, encompasses an offering of multiplex protein assays run on the Luminex platform. Our ProcartaPlex assays allow the simultaneous detection of up to 65 proteins in a single well.
- Achievement of assigned territory sales and profit goals within expense budget plan by proactively calling on existing and potential new customers via field visits and by telephone
- Work closely with Life Science Group (LSG) counterparts and Distribution reps to develop specific account growth strategy, account mapping and penetration
- TSS is a highly technical position and requires in depth knowledge of branched DNA products within the Antibodies and Immunoassays portfolio and services to support both LSG reps and distribution
- Generates, qualifies and closes sales leads by building a strong pipeline, focused on technologies including PrimeFlow™, ViewRNA™, QuantiGene® Plex and QuantiGene® SinglePlex assays and ProcartaPlex assays
- Maintain appropriate records and process demos, sample requests per Company guidelines
- Gathers, process, and disseminate competitive intelligence and market feedback
- Refer customer complaints/product quality problems to the appropriate functions
- Provide reporting as required
- Participate in trade shows, vendor shows and related activities as deemed necessary
- Prepare and implement annual Territory Sales Plan and update as needed
- Special Projects as requested
- Identifies and mitigates competitive barriers
- May provide after sales technical support and customer service
- Coordinates and/or conducts both technical and promotional seminars
- Provides mentorship, if applicable
- Bachelor’s Degree in Life Sciences or Chemistry; advanced degree, preferred
- 3+ years’sales experience in life science research industry serving academic, industrial, medical school, hospital, government, biotech and bio-pharmaceutical accounts
- Must have knowledge of key accounts in assigned territory
- Must have experience with immunology, cell biology and molecular biology via prior work experience and education
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. frequently, walk and or stand up to 8 hours a day, and travel to meet with customers
- Must be proficient in using MS office, and experience in using a contact information management system
- Overnight travel up to 25-35% of the time based upon territory
- Valid driver’s license, acceptable motor vehicle, car insurance and acceptable driving record
- Advanced degree, preferred
- 5 years sales experience in life science research industry serving pharmaceutical, biotechnology and academic accounts
- Extensive experience calling on pharmaceutical and biotechnology accounts
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join