When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $20 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
We are seeking talented and highly motivated candidates for a Scientist position to join our Ion Torrent Product Development team. This position offers the opportunity to contribute to development of Ion Torrent NGS Next Generation Sequencing technology and its applications. The successful candidate will optimize, integrate and validate reagents, protocols, sequencing chips and instruments to support Ion Torrent product development with the objective of meeting customers’ requirements for the genetic testing assays.
- Works under general supervision to plan and conduct experiments utilizing established and published procedures
- Troubleshoots problems encountered during experiment execution and makes recommendations how to resolve them
- Analyzes experimental data, summarizes the results, and reviews conclusions with the team
- Uses technical writing skills to produce experimental plans and reports
- Participates in large-scale team experimental projects such as verification and validation studies
- Bachelor's degree in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology or equivalent discipline.
- 6 months -1 year of relevant experience
- Understanding and practical knowledge of PCR; Experience with emulsion PCR is desirable
- Basic statistic skills
- Ability to follow Standard Operating Procedures and Lab Protocols
- Experience using analytical instruments. Familiarity with Next Gen Sequencing assays is a plus
- Excellent organizational and record keeping skills
- Ability to work independently and in coordination with a team of scientists
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join