Lead System Engineer
Job ID :
China - Shanghai
- Technically lead a multi-discipline engineering team for a specified technical platform, and work with product manager to develop technical roadmap according to company goal tree.
- Augment marketing to gather and clarify customer needs. Develop system level specifications that support those needs, and flow those specs into subsystem specifications.
- Develop engineering proposals, perform feasibility analysis, generate functional and physical decompositions, define system architectures, and determine costs & benefits of candidate architectures.
- Lead prototype sub-systems for feasibility studies & provide in-depth analyses of their capabilities.
Ensure product quality by leading and/or reviewing Design Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (DFMEA), by developing and/or reviewing Verification & Validation (V&V).
- Ensure the design achieves all the requirements by leading and/or reviewing traceability matrices (TMX), and by reviewing high level design document of multi-discipline engineers.
- Lead system integration & debug, having hands-on familiarity with mechanics, electronics, and optics.
- Work with the project manager to assure projects are delivered on-time, to specification and at or below target cost.
- Provide smooth cross-function interfaces to manufacturing, sourcing, operations, quality, service and global R&D team, as well as external interface to suppliers, vendors and customers.
- Mentor and coach multi-discipline engineers in the project team.
- Recognized bachelor degree (Engineering, Applied Physics, or Chemical physics) with minimum 12 years of, or PhD with minimum 8 years of related experience in industry developing online instrumentation.
- Demonstrated success in developing & launching multiple new products by leading multi-discipline engineers, beginning with basic needs and requirements and concluding with product launch.
- Demonstrated experience in product requirements break-down into systems, subsystems, modules and/or cross functions.
- Demonstrated expertise in applying DFx (manufacturability, assembly, serviceability, safety, cost) knowledge to system & sub-systems designs in mechanical, electronics, software/firmware.
- Demonstrated ability to provide solid solutions to complex problems using modern methods & tools, such as: Design of Experiment (DOE), FMEA, RCA, sensitivity analysis, SPC, etc.
- Adept at modeling, simulation, and data analysis & acquisition tools, such as R, MATLAB, Mathematica, Python, VB, Excel, Labview, etc.
- Strong, hands-on ability in prototyping, system integration, & debug of complex instrumentation, including optical, electrical, mechanical, and software components
- Good soft skills for working with cross functional, multidisciplinary, multicultural teams, including providing technical updates for executives from many countries.
- Able to verbal and written communicate in English & Chinese.
- Motivated self starter, and agile learner
- Able to flex between working individually or leading junior & senior engineers
- Air and Gas emission analysis instrument development experience;
- Demonstrated leadership experience;
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join